Author Topic: NEED DC WATER PUMP  (Read 1001 times)

Offline gsingh11Topic starter

• Contributor
NEED DC WATER PUMP
« on: January 24, 2023, 07:23:32 pm »
Hi, I am looking for a good dc water pump that has a good flow of water and can run in both directions to fill and drain. I'm making a project to fill and empty a tank so, i am urgently looking for a water pump.
Modify message

Offline Siwastaja

• Super Contributor
Re: NEED DC WATER PUMP
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2023, 07:24:51 pm »
I had 1 more question can you tell me a good dc water pump that has a high flow rate that can run in both directions.

Peristaltic pumps can run in both directions, but those do not have high flow rates. Usual centrifugal or similar pumps can't run in reverse. Bidirectional pump is probably so difficult to find that I'd suggest going for two separate pumps, possibly with check valves preventing free flow in the wrong direction on each leg if you end up putting them in "parallel" (not electrically, but... hydronically (is that a word)). You may also want to try back-to-back series configuration, though, many pumps allow free flow through the pump.

Offline pcprogrammer

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2023, 07:41:29 pm »
I think there is some ruling on the forum about double posting, so I reported your other one in the manufacturing section to the moderators.

Offline bill_c

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2023, 02:31:12 am »
Gear, vane, or flexible impeller types may also work.  Something like this maybe ? https://www.amazon.com/Jabsco-Ballast-King-Reversible-Pump/dp/B01613ZMES/

Offline bidrohini

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2023, 07:19:45 am »
You can check Polario Bi-Directional DC Water Pump.

Online IanB

• Super Contributor
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2023, 07:32:45 am »
Hi, I am looking for a good dc water pump that has a good flow of water and can run in both directions to fill and drain. I'm making a project to fill and empty a tank so, i am urgently looking for a water pump.

You probably want the water to stay in place when the pump is switched off, in which case you will need at least one valve as well as a pump. A typical way to fill and empty without using two pumps would be to use valves to redirect the flow (something like the hydraulic equivalent of an H-bridge in electronics).

Most ordinary water pumps will be simple centrifugal pumps (like fountain pumps or well pumps) that only pump in one direction.

• Contributor
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2023, 02:53:16 am »
but how can i control a valve electronically

Online themadhippy

• Super Contributor
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2023, 03:01:15 am »
but how can i control a valve electronically
you rip the back of yer mums washing machine and nick the 2 solenoid valves on the water inlets

Offline Infraviolet

• Super Contributor
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2023, 03:04:12 am »
Look up solenoid valves, many cheap sources online. Usually you run them using a relay, h-bridge driver chip or some other such circuit to keep the larger currents (0.5A to 2A perhaps for small valves) which drive the solenoid separate from your more sensitive other electronics. Some valves are available with latching characteristsics, others which only need active power either to stay open or stay closed.

Offline xrunner

• Super Contributor
  • hp>Agilent>Keysight>???
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2023, 03:06:29 am »
Modify message

Why do you need a pump to drain the tank? Just open a port on the bottom and gravity will do the work.  :P
I told my friends I could teach them to be funny, but they all just laughed at me.

• Contributor
« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2023, 03:25:27 am »
I am using a motor driver already. should i use it with it or use a separate relay module.

Offline james_s

• Super Contributor
« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2023, 04:05:58 am »
Solenoid valves are one option, or you can get motorized actuators for ball valves, or hydronic heating zone valves. It really depends on the scale you're looking at. How much fluid do you need to move and how quickly? How high do you need to lift it? Does the pump need to be self priming? For something small I think I would just use two pumps, one to fill and one to drain.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf