Author Topic: Need help with wiring an att-232 transformer into 230v -> 115volt  (Read 312 times)

Offline valkTopic starter

Hi!

I have a pioneer att-232 transformer, which currently outputs roughly 145volts. I would like to wire it in such a way that its output will roughly be 115V. I have been searching for any datasheet for this transformer, but I could find none. Does anyone here have a clue on how I could approach this?

Thanks in advance!

Offline Refrigerator

• Super Contributor
Re: Need help with wiring an att-232 transformer into 230v -> 115volt
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2021, 10:21:09 pm »
A transformer can only output fixed voltages that are determined by the number of windings, so if it's not made to output 115V there's no way to make it do so.
If you don't have a datasheet you can always probe the pins and write what voltage is where and then see if any combination of them can output close to 115V.
Also if there's a winding with multiple taps you cannot mix and match pins because you would end up shorting some windings.
Otherwise if there are separate windings you can add them in series to hopefully get the voltage you need, just don't forget to mind the phase, because a winding 180 degrees out of phase will subtract voltage, which you can use to your advantage if the voltage is too high.
To test what windings go where you can use resistance mode on your multimeter.
I have a blog at http://brimmingideas.blogspot.com/ . Now less empty than ever before !
An expert of making MOSFETs explode.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf