Author Topic: New Here Component Selection  (Read 632 times)

Offline DDCE88Topic starter

New Here Component Selection
« on: September 17, 2019, 02:03:30 am »
Computer Engineering student here out of UNC Charlotte.
We are working on our junior design project. Its a 300W DC to AC power inverter.
I have the actual inverter stage designed and drafted up in LTspice. But now I'm in the stage where I'm looking to purchase parts for the device. I'm having trouble making a selections for some of the components specifically the inductors. I see about 35Arms going through my filter inductors, but am unable to find an inductor at the inductace and current rating, I see in the simulation on mouser or digikey.
Included is my sim file.
The spice model for the mosfet driver is included in the file it self.
I am also including the PWL files used to simulat the PWM going into the mosfet driver.
5V_10k_PWM_HIP_1S.txt goes to MC_PWM_HIGHSIDE and MC_PWM_HIGHSIDE1
5V_10k_PWM_LOWP_1S.txt goes to MC_PWM_LOWSIDE and MC_PWM_LOWSIDE1

I know to many this should seem pretty obvious. I just don't want to drop a ton of money on this only to watch it blow up in my face.
Thanks,
Dan.

Offline EEEnthusiast

• Frequent Contributor
  • RF boards, Precision Analog, Carpentry
    • https://www.zscircuits.in/
Re: New Here Component Selection
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2019, 02:31:49 am »
Look out for power transformers with that current rating. One leg of the transformer can be used as an inductor. Most of the datasheets will also specify the inductance of the transformer winding.
Making products for IOT
https://www.zscircuits.in/

Offline Circlotron

• Super Contributor
Re: New Here Component Selection
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2019, 02:34:34 am »
Look out for power transformers with that current rating. One leg of the transformer can be used as an inductor. Most of the datasheets will also specify the inductance of the transformer winding.
If there is DC going through the winding then a transformer will almost certainly saturate. Not a good solution if it doesn't have a gapped core.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf