Electronics > Beginners

Nixie Tubes!

(1/2) > >>

Lance:
So an internet acquaintance of mine found 15 of them in the back of a truck in a junkyard. He happens to be in Australia.  He's been messing around with them and for all but one which is a bit "whimpy" as he described it they all apparently work. I ran a quick shipping estimate and it's looking like it will cost about 100-110 Australian to ship them over. I want them, but damn! That's a lot for shipping. Anyone have any ideas? Is it worth it to spend that much on tubes like that?

Simon:
it depends on what they are worth to you, I'm not use what 100 Aus dollars buys you in Australia

mikeselectricstuff:
Standard sized nixies are plentiful and cheap - 2-5 bucks. I can't imagine how you came up with a shipping cost that high as they don't weigh much , unless the tubes are still sitting in a piece of boatanchor test equipment...

Lance:
That's what the fedex site spat out at me when I put in .6 for the weight in kgs. I didn't think they were that cheap. From what I've learned I thought that they were somewhat tricky to come by because they weren't produced anymore.

johnboxall:

--- Quote from: Simon on May 25, 2011, 06:50:31 am ---it depends on what they are worth to you, I'm not use what 100 Aus dollars buys you in Australia

--- End quote ---

100 litres of milk :)

One Australian dollar is currently worth around US$1.05 (woohoo!) or 75 Euro cents.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version