Electronics > Beginners

No-solder no-crimp wire-to-wire connectors for 32 AWG wires?

(1/4) > >>

tobia:
I have a project where I need to connect parts that come with really tiny 32 AWG wires, and because of the project's nature (LEGO models) I need to rework the connections often.

I'm looking for interconnects, strips, or something of that nature that would allow me to securely connect a few of these tiny wires (usually 5 to 20 together, rarely just one) onto a larger wire coming from the power supply. The wire from the power supply has not been decided yet, I can choose it based on the connectors I can find.

Since I need to rework the connections, I would like to avoid having to solder or crimp the tiny wires.

Does anybody know of any wire-to-wire, either spring- or screw-based mini connector strip, that can be used with 32 AWG wires?

Electro Fan:
You will probably get other better suggestions but just in case this has any appeal, attached is an image of 30 gauge kynar wrapped on the legs of a LED.  The wire could be wrapped on various pins, typically that have square edges (round pins probably won't provide suitable grip).  The wire can be wrapped with a battery or AC/DC powered wrapping gun (if you want to do a lot of wrapping), or it can be wrapped with a manual tool.  The wire can be of various AWGs but 30 and 32 should be no problem.  The process can make reasonably snug and generally very neat/consistent wrap connections.  It's easy, and lot of fun. :)

tobia:

--- Quote from: Electro Fan on October 17, 2021, 07:29:42 pm ---The wire could be wrapped on various pins, typically that have square edges

--- End quote ---

Thank you. Yes, I remember reading that in the past entire computers were built by wire-wrapping. I'll keep it in mind, as kind of a last resort.

Electro Fan:
Yep, for what you are doing it might be just a back-up plan.

The wire wrap tool goes in one direction to wrap and the other to unwrap, so maybe it could be useful as an initial step or for prototyping. 

After you get the circuit(s) working then you could implement a more long term solution (other connectors, soldering, etc).

perieanuo:
pogo pins?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version