Electronics > Beginners

obtaining a small simple etching tank

(1/3) > >>

Simon:
I'm trying to get a simple PCB etching tank, of the sort usually sold as a started kit that will take 1 or 2 litres, the little plastic ones that you put a fish tank heater in and connect a fish tank air pump to. there are a couple of "kits" on eBay but really I just want the tank as I've got the rest. I'm in the UK

Mechatrommer:
hah?! u ar kidding! i just use anything i can find that can store water in it! ebay kit? i think you ar kidding me! are you serious?

Simon:
I kid you not: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130349662953&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT  ;D :P

Like you say any chemical resistant container will do the job, at the moment I'm using a cereal storage box but this is slightly oval and wider than need be so I loose out on the potential surface area i could cover with the same amount of liquid and my heater does not fit properly. So yea I'm not in dire need but wouldn't mind getting just that bit more comfortable.  8)

Mechatrommer:

--- Quote from: Simon on October 03, 2010, 03:49:56 pm ---I kid you not: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130349662953&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT  ;D :P
Like you say any chemical resistant container will do the job, at the moment I'm using a cereal storage box but this is slightly oval and wider than need be so I loose out on the potential surface area i could cover with the same amount of liquid and my heater does not fit properly. So yea I'm not in dire need but wouldn't mind getting just that bit more comfortable. 

--- End quote ---
o jeez, i just noticed. i didnt know we can make money by selling PCB etching kit :o o well, we actually have the same problem about comfortability and the oval thing, but i already have a solution to recycle my unused etching chemical, so amount of liquid vs pcb area is not a problem to me anymore ;)

Simon:
well I don't do many boards so 2 litres is fine for me and having a proper little tank will make fixing bits to it easier and the process a little less mecanical, I don't want the whole "kit" just the tank itself.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version