Author Topic: OLED SSD1306 128x32px I2C display power supply  (Read 586 times)

Offline bipolunipolTopic starter

• Contributor
OLED SSD1306 128x32px I2C display power supply
« on: August 09, 2021, 08:48:46 am »
Hello,

I create a system powered by a LiPo battery. It will have an OLED SSD1306 128x32px I2C display and a microcontroller. And I wonder how this display could be powered. According to the documentation:

- Pin VDD (Power supply pin for core logic operation) should have a voltage of 1.65V to 3.3V. So I decided to use a 3V LDO stabilizer, which will lower the battery voltage (I assume the range of volatility: 3.2V-4.2V), which varies in a fairly wide range.

- The VBAT pin (Power Suppply for DD / DC converter) can have a voltage in the range of 3.5-4.2V. So I decided to power this voltage conventer directly from the battery. I know the battery voltage can go below 3.5V, but I checked it and the voltage conventer works fine for 2.8V, so it shouldn't be a problem here. (The internal converter generates a voltage of VCC = 7V to 15V).

So I designed a diagram like this bellow.

I added a Q1 transistor to connect the internal DC / DC converter to +3.6V (battery +). According to the documentation, the power should be connected first to Vdd, then to Vbat / Vcc (power to the OLED panel).

Now I wonder if this approach is right and is the circuit diagram correct?

Offline perieanuo

• Frequent Contributor
Re: OLED SSD1306 128x32px I2C display power supply
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2021, 09:21:03 am »
C1+C13 i think are overkill

The following users thanked this post: bipolunipol

Offline bipolunipolTopic starter

• Contributor
Re: OLED SSD1306 128x32px I2C display power supply
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2021, 03:30:54 am »
C1+C13 i think are overkill

I wanted to reduce the impedance of the resultant capacitor this way, but I will see without.

And is the power supply from 2 different voltages - voltage regulator (display logic) plus directly from the battery (converter in the display) is ok?

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf