Author Topic: Overvoltage, Overcurrent and Reverse Polarity Protection IC (BQ24308)  (Read 477 times)

Offline EAvMxTopic starter

Hello everyone
how can I choose a correct PMOS? I've read in a Design Guide corresponding to this chip that Si2343DS PMos would do the job but it doesn't explain how they chose it.

Thanks!!
« Last Edit: July 26, 2021, 02:25:40 pm by EAvMx »

Offline tooki

• Super Contributor
Hello everyone
how can I choose a correct PMOS? I've read in a Design Guide corresponding to this chip that Si2343DS PMos would do the job but it doesn't explain how they chose it.

Thanks!!

Datasheet says:

9.2.2.4 Selection of the PGATE External MOSFET
The PGATE output drives the gate of an external MOSFET to protect the device from reverse polarity input voltages. The MOSFET must be sized to handle the expected current in the application. Additionally, the impedance of the MOSFET is in series with the internal FET of the bq24308, so that the overall acceptable system resistance must be taken into account. Ensure the MOSFET VDS maximum rating exceeds the worst- case expected reverse voltage in the application. The bq24308 withstands up to –30 V, so a 30 V rating on the MOSFET is a good target. The maximum VGS of the MOSFET must be greater than –17 V to ensure operation up to 30 V inputs.
I doubt it's particularly critical, beyond the points mentioned there. The Si2343DS seems like a nice little modern low-RDS(on) MOSFET, but I think anything remotely comparable should work fine, as long as the minimum voltage limits above are met.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf