Author Topic: Possible to change voltage on cheap Chinese buck converter  (Read 958 times)

Offline gmcTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
Possible to change voltage on cheap Chinese buck converter
« on: September 21, 2019, 02:10:03 pm »
I bought one of these cheap ass Chinese buck converters. Supposed to take 9V and convert to 5V. The problem is I received the 3V3 version.   :(

Is anyone familiar with these. Is it just a case of changing some of the resistor values to change the output voltage, or is it setup in the chip?

I've looked on the net and can't find any details on the chip used.  All it has on 1HRE. (6 pin)

https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/DD4012SB-3V-1A-DC-DC-Step_60752474667.html?spm=a2700.7724857.normalList.64.34e11c7eFw4nT1

Offline nuclearcat

• Supporter
Re: Possible to change voltage on cheap Chinese buck converter
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2019, 02:18:49 pm »
Just trace output over PCB and check if resistor divider is there(of yes, most likely you are lucky), check values, check voltage on divider while running it, and try to solder different, appropriate resistor in divider.

Offline soldar

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2019, 04:01:26 pm »
Why don't you just ask the seller to send you the right part? And that way you have an extra 3volt part.
All my posts are made with 100% recycled electrons and bare traces of grey matter.

Offline Mechatrommer

• Super Contributor
  • reassessing directives...
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2019, 04:51:44 pm »
yes its highly likely to be adjustable by changing voltage divider there. and ask partial refund if its seller mistake. and next time dont buy that, if thats the price (link) you pay for it, because with adjustable buck with built-in trimpot ready, you can get cheaper, and more current too... 10PCS Super mini 3A DC-DC Converter Step Down Power Supply Module if you really want that to be fixed, you can remove the trimpot for part and put appropriate resistor in place. ymmv.
Nature: Evolution and the Illusion of Randomness (Stephen L. Talbott): Its now indisputable that... organisms “expertise” contextualizes its genome, and its nonsense to say that these powers are under the control of the genome being contextualized - Barbara McClintock

The following users thanked this post: rhodges

Offline gmcTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2019, 05:09:53 pm »
The seller is sending me the correct part but I thought I'd see if I can get it to put our 5V.

I'll play around with the resistor values and see what happens.

Offline JustMeHere

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2019, 01:07:11 am »
Look up the chip on the back.  The two high value resistors on the top are your voltage set.

The answer should be on the right module when you get it.

Online amyk

• Super Contributor
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2019, 02:10:04 am »
https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/DD4012SB-3V-1A-DC-DC-Step_60752474667.html?spm=a2700.7724857.normalList.64.34e11c7eFw4nT1
Quiescent current: about 1MA
:o

Anyway, 1Hxx appears to be the marking for an ME3116, which you'll see if you search pictures from sellers of the part... as well as for the DD4012 model number:

https://easyeda.com/Alterac/buck-to-220-replacement

The following users thanked this post: Mechatrommer

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf