Electronics > Beginners

Possibly dumb question

(1/3) > >>

Connecteur:
Is there such a thing as a flat plate resistor?  One that you could tuck between an AA battery and the battery contact (in a battery holder) to reduce current?  I'm trying to  reduce the speed of an electric shaver.

AmnevaR:
Haven't seen anything like this. Perhaps you can cobble together a flat resistor using a little bit of nichrome wire between kapton tape?

DIY kapton flex PCB :-DD

bob91343:
Or a diode?

tooki:
Bear in mind that in many modern devices, the power isn't connected directly to the motor, so putting a resistor inline may or may not have the desired effect.

Also consider the power dissipation in the resistor, since a motor may be pulling significant current.

Connecteur:

--- Quote from: tooki on July 26, 2021, 05:50:13 pm ---Bear in mind that in many modern devices, the power isn't connected directly to the motor, so putting a resistor inline may or may not have the desired effect.

Also consider the power dissipation in the resistor, since a motor may be pulling significant current.

--- End quote ---
I'm sure it's just a direct connection. There is only a slide switch and no indicators.  I suppose a quarter-watt resistor inline with the motor would work.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version