Author Topic: Power an Electric Scooter with an Fuel Generator?  (Read 1167 times)

Offline Lord of nothingTopic starter

• Super Contributor
Power an Electric Scooter with an Fuel Generator?
« on: May 07, 2021, 06:29:18 pm »
 :-+ Yes Guys (and Girls) its quite Impossible to find on the Countryside an 230V Power outlet to recharge your nice and loving Scooter. Sadly the will draw a lot of Power for such an Model.
Sure when he arrive here I will try it out and when the Range is not that what I intend I think about a small Benzine Generator. The genuine Honda weight about 14kg who is not that ideal maybe I find some knock off who is lighter build. The main Question is how to drive the 2 Motors?
The Charger need 66V and an common Generator offer a 230V and a 12V Source. So what is better convert up or down?  :-//
THX!
Made in Japan, destroyed in Sulz im Wienerwald.

Offline TopGun

• Contributor
Re: Power an Electric Scooter with an Fuel Generator?
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2021, 03:00:18 pm »
So you want to strap a generator to the back of your electric scooter? 

Depending on the current draw of the motors, you can prolly get away with a beefy boost converter from 12-60V, but your efficiency will be quite bad.
Have yu considered buying lithium poly cells and making a bigger battery pack?

Offline Lord of nothingTopic starter

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2021, 03:08:01 pm »
Yes but recharge them away from Home is still a Problem. The Company say even with the Quick Charger I need charge ~3h. Well I dont want to sit 3h in a (Supermarket) Parking Lot in the hell of nowhere when the Sun in burning down.  :popcorn:
Made in Japan, destroyed in Sulz im Wienerwald.

Offline BeBuLamar

• Super Contributor
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2021, 03:17:02 pm »
Get a gas powered scooter! Save energy. If you insist I would try to bypass the battery. Power the scooter motor directly from the generator.

Online Ian.M

• Super Contributor
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2021, 03:26:18 pm »
From Wikipedia:
In Austria, a moped is defined as a motorized bicycle with at most 50 cc (3.1 cu in) and a maximum speed of 45 km/h (28 mph), which is close to the speed limit within towns (50 km/h (31 mph)). Since September 2009, drivers of mopeds have to be at least 15 years of age and in possession of a moped pass or a regular driver's license.[23]

If the eScooter is capable of charging on the move from a combustion engine powered generator of under 50cc capacity, it would fall into the Moped category, otherwise it would be a Motorcycle.  The fact that the transmission is electric would be irrelevant.  Unfortunately that means it would require licensing, annual inspection, and would have to comply with all applicable standards for road vehicles.

IMHO: get an eBike so you can at least pedal home if you are out of juice!

Offline Monkeh

• Super Contributor
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2021, 03:30:18 pm »
Yes but recharge them away from Home is still a Problem. The Company say even with the Quick Charger I need charge ~3h. Well I dont want to sit 3h in a (Supermarket) Parking Lot in the hell of nowhere when the Sun in burning down.  :popcorn:

Well then, I suggest you invest in a vehicle appropriate for your usage.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf