Author Topic: laptop keyboard intereference  (Read 671 times)

Offline nickeevblog10Topic starter

• Contributor
laptop keyboard intereference
« on: February 09, 2018, 02:08:40 am »
 ...I am not sure which Forum Section I should post this...
 Seemingly a common problem to laptop keyboards and not always solved by replacing the keyboard but by covering the laptop keyboard ribbon with tin foil.
I have someone else laptop here with this problem. Sometimes it will work most times it will not work. Sometimes some keys work and sometimes they do not work. Every time insulate between the keyboard and the motherboard with layers of paper there is a change in the keyboard behavior some of the keys beginning to work properly again.
 Clearly a motherboard manufacturing flaw but what could be causing the problem.
 Perhaps even the extra pressure going onto the motherboard by the extra thickness of paper  is showing there could be a damaged solder point.
This laptop model is Asus X55C and I am wondering what other measures I can take to test for perhaps a motherboard issuing electromagnetism (< a wild guess on my part).
I also tried shielding between the motherboard and the keyboard with a thick plastic to no effect.I guess one question to ask the experts is, what kind of emissions are there from laptop motherboards? There is magnetism from speakers and there will be wireless emission or wireless transmission or something like that and any other kinds of energy from powered devices.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2018, 06:28:55 am by nickeevblog10 »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf