Author Topic: Re-branded oscilloscopes?  (Read 176 times)

Offline YurkshireLad

• Contributor
Re-branded oscilloscopes?
« on: February 23, 2021, 03:08:30 pm »
I noticed that the Multicomp MP720010 looks like a re-branded OWON SDS1102, or vice versa. When a company re-brands an oscilloscope, are they identical or do they make modifications to the original internal design? If I bought this Multicomp, am I getting an Owon and vice versa?

https://cpc.farnell.com/multicomp-pro/mp720010-eu-uk/digital-storage-oscilloscope-50mhz/dp/IN08385

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/OWON-SDS1102-Oscilloscope-Multi-version-2CH-Digital-100MHZ-Bandwidth-1GS-s-Accur/261761536711

Offline tunk

• Frequent Contributor
Re: Re-branded oscilloscopes?
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2021, 04:06:41 pm »
I guess you have to check the specs, if they're the
same then a guess is that they are identical. Looks
like you can find them branded as Hanmatek, Mustool,
Cdek, Peaktech and probably a few others as well.

The following users thanked this post: YurkshireLad

Online ataradov

• Super Contributor
    • Personal site
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2021, 05:40:50 pm »
SDS1102 is probably the most rebranded scope ever. They all are the same, just the logo changes. They also cost about the same, so pick whatever is available locally.
Alex

Offline CaptDon

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2021, 06:11:59 pm »
Also important, who will fix it when it is dead right out of the box or dies within the warranty period?? Will you have to ship it back to China and never see it again for 6 months and when you get it back will it be only slightly less dead than it was? I freaking hate this chinese Agilent and LeCroy knockoff stuff. Maybe the Chinese do make the Agilent and LeCroy name brand stuff and then sell the crippled stuff under knockoff brands. We had to return 2 Rigol scopes dead right out of the box. Finally the third one worked. It looks like the big name scopes, but it doesn't have the feel, seems like inferior quality buttons and rotary encoders. Overall they feel like fallouts from the big name assembly line.
Senior Master Captain for Victorian Princess
Private Pilot S.E.L. / CDL Class A / Motorcoach
Land, Sea or Air, I'll be there for you.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf