Author Topic: SANYOU Relay NO & NC Current Specifications  (Read 283 times)

Offline 2XTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
SANYOU Relay NO & NC Current Specifications
« on: February 25, 2024, 02:18:57 pm »
Hello, I have the relay (SRU-S112L) on the attached image and I can't understand what means the Ampere values on the red box. It means that at 240VAC or 24VDC between common and NO contact can pass 10A current and  between common and NC contact can pass 5A current? But why in NO contact can pass bigger current? I haven't seen something like this before.

I have seen something like this in orange box where declares that at 120VAC can pass 15Amax (on both VC & NO contacts), at 240VAC can pass 10Amax and at 24VDC can pass 10Amax.

Relay Datasheet:
https://www.mpja.com/download/sru-s-112l.pdf

Offline Zero999

• Super Contributor
Re: SANYOU Relay NO & NC Current Specifications
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2024, 02:50:46 pm »
I haven't seen a relay like that, with different ratings for the normally closed vs open contacts. No mention of it is made on the datasheet. The marking is probably wrong. It's rated to 15A at 120VAC, or 10A at 24VDC or 240VAC.

It's very common for parts to have a lower DC current rating, because a DC arc is more difficult to break, as the current doesn't pass through zero 100 to 120 times per second.

The following users thanked this post: 2X

Offline keymaster

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2024, 05:28:21 pm »
the reason is contact pressure . In one state ,the contact pressure depends from the force of the springe and the other state , is depending from the much higher  force of the electromagnet. me guess.

Online wraper

• Supporter
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2024, 05:44:45 pm »
the reason is contact pressure . In one state ,the contact pressure depends from the force of the springe and the other state , is depending from the much higher  force of the electromagnet. me guess.
I would not count on that. Contacts can be of a significantly different size.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf