Author Topic: RFID NFC Toy question.  (Read 1023 times)

Offline kfkboysTopic starter

RFID NFC Toy question.
« on: April 19, 2021, 02:50:31 am »
Hello All,

I have a few NFC and RFID based toys that are no longer in production and I have found a way to read the raw data off of the NTAG213 (Lego Dimensions) and MF1ICS20 (Disney Infinity) tags.
I have digital backups of all of my own pieces and now that I have kids, I am trying to preserve them but still play games with them.
How would I use either a STM32F103C8T6 or some type of arduino or rpi to inject the digital backup of my own toys into the game?
I have the VID and PID of the original base to read in the game however I don't know where to start.
I do not want to pirate or even remotely suggest such a thing, I'm merely trying to protect several hundreds of dollars (and thousands of hours) worth of toy investments from my toddlers while still playing the games.

Here's what I know:
Changing the VID and PID of a device will allow the game to believe the original base is plugged in.
But I have no idea where to go from here.

I'm very handy with a soldering iron and have lots of experience with electronics, but I'm not familiar at all with any type of RFID or NFC communication or handshake material.

Datasheets:
http://www.orangetags.com/wp-content/downloads/datasheet/NXP/MF1ICS20.pdf
http://www.orangetags.com/wp-content/downloads/datasheet/NXP/NTAG213_215_216.pdf

Thank You

Offline bborisov567

• Regular Contributor
Re: RFID NFC Toy question.
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2021, 09:28:16 am »
You may try using RC522 module and arduino. You will be able to get some of data in the memory and UID of the tag but if am not wrong a 'key' is need (which is between 0 and 255 as far as i remember) to be able to read the rest of it.

Offline kfkboysTopic starter

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2021, 04:17:39 pm »
Thank You for the response.
Currently my setup uses the RC522 and an arduino in order to read these values.
I have a way to calculate the keys already so it's not a problem of reading any of the data on the toys.
I have a full Bin capture of all of the figures I own.

I'm really looking for guidance in order to emulate what I already have.
I don't care if it's either way, ideally I'd like to have the base emulated and then I can install my own bin files.
OR
If there's a way to manipulate a custom RFID tag (needs to be custom because I need to rewrite the UID) with my own data buy building something even if it's an active tag.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2021, 04:21:31 pm by kfkboys »

Online amyk

• Super Contributor
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2021, 12:02:13 am »
My best advice is to start reading the RFID specs. 13.56MHz is a bit more complex than the 125kHz ones.

Offline bborisov567

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2021, 02:02:58 pm »
There are chineese rfid id tags/cards with rewritable uid. Just search for '13.56khz changable uid' on aliexpress or ebay. In the examples of the RC522 library there is an example sketch for writing your own uid.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf