Author Topic: Creality Ender 3 Fan Not Working  (Read 9912 times)

Offline ZayneTechTopic starter

• Contributor
Creality Ender 3 Fan Not Working
« on: January 27, 2019, 11:51:03 pm »
Hi Everybody!

This is my first post, and I would like to ask why my Ender 3's control box fan isn't working after an upgrade to the TH3D Firmware.
I have searched good old Google for answers but I didn't find anything.  :scared:

Any help would be appreciated.
If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Offline Zorc

• Contributor
Re: Creality Ender 3 Fan Not Working
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2019, 08:27:32 am »
Hi

This will be my first post as well then  ::)

I doubt it would be a firmware problem. I've compiled my own from stock Marlin without any problems, so a custom TH3D firmware specific for this printer should be tested and fine.

Are you sure it worked before the upgrade? And better yet, is your part cooling fan working??

If you just turned it on after the upgrade and started to check things and suddenly noticed the control box fan isn't working you should know this:
The control box fan is connected on the same controller output as the part cooling fan on the Ender-3 (at least it was on my version), when you just turn your printer on the fan is off ...
And if you don't have the part cooling fan on (during printing) your electronics can get a bit hot  |O

I simply rewired my control box fan, so now it is always on when the printer is on.

• Contributor
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2019, 02:29:02 am »
Thanks for the reply. I ended up rewiring it too  ;)

Offline beanflying

• Super Contributor
  • Toys so very many Toys.
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2019, 03:20:37 am »
I have a couple of Ender Pros which at least have the fans facing down  :wtf: were they not thinking at the time with the Ender :palm:

I am part way through putting them and my CR-10 into enclosures and as part of that I have done a prototype enclosure to get the elcectronics away from the hot bits all together and outside.

This is the CR-10 (Power Supply is now Ender Style and Remote) one and I will be doing a modded version for the Ender boards/display in the next few weeks. Happy to share it here when it is sorted or roll your own based on this idea :)

Coffee, Food, R/C and electronics nerd in no particular order. Also CNC wannabe, 3D printer and Laser Cutter Junkie and just don't mention my TEA addiction....

• Contributor
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2019, 09:18:06 pm »
That looks great! I hope to hear from you soon  :)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf