Author Topic: Screen sync problem in HX8357-C LCD  (Read 344 times)

Offline teslasystemsTopic starter

Screen sync problem in HX8357-C LCD
« on: September 10, 2023, 02:38:56 pm »
Hello!
I'm currently trying to learn a communication protocol of an HX8357-C based LCD (attached its photo) and connected it to PIC18 MCU. I understand, that it's not a good choice, because these MCU series don't have enough performance to achieve an adequate FPS rate, but it's all I can do for now and it should be enough for testing purposes and draw some simple stuff at 1 FPS, for example. So, I started from implementing a simple function - filling a whole screen with some color. I have used a "standard" initialization sequence, which can be found in many libraries for this screen and have written a code, which updates the screen with some color 1 time per second. It works, but I see, how the screen is filling from the top row to the bottom in real time. The filling itself takes about 63 milliseconds. It's obvious, that the controller performance should be much higher, but the problem is that the screen update is not synchronized with GRAM update and the higher performance MCU won't solve it. I also found a "tearing effect" function it the datasheet for HX8357 chip, which, if I understand correctly, may send a synchronization signal to MCU, but, as you can see from the photo, TE signal is not available in this module. Is there anyone, who worked with this one or some similar LCDs and knows how to solve the problem?
[ Attachment Invalid Or Does Not Exist ]

Upd: sorry, I can't add an attachment for unknown reason. The LCD module has power pins, data pins [DB15..DB0], reset signal (RESX), chip select signal (CSX), Data/Command signal (DCX) and write clock signal (WRX).
« Last Edit: September 10, 2023, 02:49:30 pm by teslasystems »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf