Author Topic: Small Package LVDS Transceivers  (Read 376 times)

Offline LukeGaryTopic starter

Small Package LVDS Transceivers
« on: May 22, 2022, 10:47:17 pm »
Hello, I am currently working through a system level design of some scientific instrumentation. One module of the system will need 4 LVDS signal pairs for communication between a 2Msps acquisition device and a microcontroller over a flax cable, the entire assembly is similar to an ink-jet printer head. The moving component is quite small and I am having some trouble sourcing small 2Tx/2Rx LVDS transceivers to use on the smaller board. I have looked at the MAX9113/MAX9112 combination, as well as the SN65LVDS050, but both of these solutions are a little large given the available board area. What I am wondering is are there any small (3x3mm - 4x4mm) 2/2 transceivers I just haven't found yet, or are there any slick tricks to create an LVDS driver/receiver out of more readily available components given the board area constraint? I have considered using some high-speed comparators, but any that are currently available seem to end up with a larger implementation than the transceiver approach.

Offline jwet

• Frequent Contributor
Re: Small Package LVDS Transceivers
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2022, 02:56:01 am »
The 9110/12 and 9111/133 are as small as I've seen- they're offered in a 2x3 TDFN 8 and SOT's .  I think these are the tiniest.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf