Author Topic: Soldering station simple modification  (Read 3399 times)

Offline KL27x

• Super Contributor
Re: Soldering station simple modification
« Reply #25 on: April 26, 2019, 05:04:54 pm »
Psi, yeah, I guess I didn't think that thru.

Jwillis, the way I would do it there is no relay.

Sleep temperature is achieved the same way regular operating temperature is achieved. It's like you are turning the knob on the station down and back up. The station already has the circuitry to react to that.

There's no need to use a relay. The station already has a triac in there to switch the heater via a temperature controlled circuit. You just have to change the set temp to an alternate setting.

If you have a Space Shuttle in front of you, and you want to rig it to launch at 10 oclock, you hook an alarm clock to the Launch Button that has already been designed into the billion dollar vehicle. You don't jury rig a match to go off under the booster.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2019, 05:23:58 pm by KL27x »

Offline oskimacTopic starter

• Contributor
    • my little blog
Re: Soldering station simple modification
« Reply #26 on: April 27, 2019, 07:43:53 pm »
people! it has already been done.  just the rele  adds a series resistor  at R3 in schematics. about the different approaches , the reed inside the handle was the best. due to space limitations. and the fact magnet will loose efficiency cause of the temp if was in the handle. ALSO my stand is separated from the rest of the base. so in my solution there are no cables from one side to another.

The following users thanked this post: KL27x

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf