Author Topic: Solenoid doesn't work when I connect solenoid and dc motors ground together  (Read 835 times)

Offline elefurtronikTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
Hello everyone,
As you can see in my schematic there are two loads that are connected to MOSFETs. One is a solenoid valve and the other one is a DC motor. When I connect the solenoid valve and the dc motor's ground together, the solenoid valve doesn't work. However, when I connect the solenoid valve's GND leg separately to the ground, the solenoid works. Could you help me with this issue, please?

I checked Vds for both MOSFETs and there is enough voltage besides that my battery can deliver 1A continuously with no issue.

My SV pulls 100mA and my DC Motor pulls 500mA. Both of them are 6V components that work between 4.8V-7V.

Edit: In my schematic, I changed BJTs with N-Channel MOSFETs with 10k Pull-down resistor and connected the P-Channel MOSFETs to the N-Channel MOSFET's drain.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2023, 09:48:23 pm by elefurtronik »

Offline Infraviolet

• Super Contributor
Pleae post a sketch of the two schematics you discuss. When you talk of connecting the two components' "grounds" together, are they also connected to the common ground of the whole circuit at that time. A diagram will be a lot easier to think through than a worded description.

• Regular Contributor
Hello,
I have attached it to the first post but it somehow couldn't upload. I think now, you can see it. Personally, I also think that when it is grounded it shouldn't be a problem but it doesn't work surprisingly on my bread board.

• Regular Contributor
Hello,
Any help or experience to share?

Offline Infraviolet

• Super Contributor
I can see your schematic now, thanks, but I can't see the motor or solenoid anywhere within it?

• Regular Contributor
Hello, with higher amper load(480mA) is motor and the other one is solenoid
I1: Dc motor
I2: Solenoid

Offline Manul

• Super Contributor
When I connect the solenoid valve and the dc motor's ground together, the solenoid valve doesn't work. However, when I connect the solenoid valve's GND leg separately to the ground, the solenoid works.

I don't understand what it means "together" and "separately" in this context. In your schematic, which of these two are shown? How the other variant looks then?

• Regular Contributor
Hi,
Together means I solder solenoid valves one cable that goes to negative to the motor’s negative. Separate means I don’t solder solenoid’s negative pin and connect it directly to the bread board’s Gnd

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf