Author Topic: spot welder cable terminal  (Read 1019 times)

Offline Sigi_czTopic starter

spot welder cable terminal
« on: December 03, 2022, 10:53:39 pm »
Hi all,
I want to make better cables for my chinesium spot welder and for that I need to buy the connectors/ terminals.
At first glance the original one looks like 8 mm bullet or EC8 connector; however, it's longer and crimped.
1654171-0
1654177-1

After a lot of googling I did found this one EC8 image with exactly what I need.
1654183-2
But all EC8 connectors, I found for sale, look different and have the hole for soldering so they are not meant for crimping (with hydraulic hex crimpers).

As English is not my native language, maybe my search terms are not correct?
Anyway. Any idea where to get the 8 mm bullet crimp connectors?

Online BillyO

• Super Contributor
Re: spot welder cable terminal
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2022, 03:02:17 am »
Standards in spot welding are few and far between.  Most spot welding cables use some form of bolt-on attachment, but there are many other methods too.  I'd see if I could find some DIY welding forums.  All that said, soldering should not be an issue if the equipment duty cycle is adhered to.  If the cables are big enough, something else would let go before the solder melted.

BTW, the Chinese make some of the best spot welding equipment on the planet.  They are also masters of supplying a market.  Any market.  So they will gladly provide stuff to a market that does not value their hobby/job/etc. enough to buy the quality they really need then complain about the junk they bought.  :-DD

Bill  (Currently a Siglent fanboy)
--------------------------------------------------
Want to see an old guy fumble around re-learning a career left 40 years ago?  Well, look no further .. https://www.youtube.com/@uni-byte

Offline woodchips

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2022, 08:15:37 pm »
A spot welder uses a couple of volts at hundreds of amps, perhaps the problem is using any type of cable? Most spot welders use rigid arms, with the absolute minimum of enclosed area inside the arm loop.

Welders use Dinse connectors, these are a sort of bayonet connector, but excellent for high current use. Not so great on low voltage because made from brass, and the current rating means they are large.

Alternatives are connectors for fork lifts and similar.

Offline Sigi_czTopic starter

« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2022, 08:01:54 am »
So no one has an idea where to get that connector?

Online BillyO

• Super Contributor
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2022, 01:55:37 pm »
"I'd see if I could find some DIY welding forums"
Bill  (Currently a Siglent fanboy)
--------------------------------------------------
Want to see an old guy fumble around re-learning a career left 40 years ago?  Well, look no further .. https://www.youtube.com/@uni-byte

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf