Author Topic: Square wave with 100% positive offset  (Read 8911 times)

Offline daviddmfTopic starter

Square wave with 100% positive offset
« on: January 13, 2014, 05:24:07 pm »
Hello this is my fist post and I am seeking advice on how to set my Rigol function generator to produce a Positive Offset Square Wave Frequency. There appears to be two options if I am to turn my frequency generator into a Hulda Clark type zapper which I would like to experiment with.

1. set the wave to square. Frequency (desired frequency) Amplitude 8vPP. Offset 4.0 VDC and Lowlevel Offset 0V. Duty cycle 50%.
2. Same as above but "the base of the square wave is set individually on every unit a minimum of 1/4 volt above zero to avoid undesirable negative spikes." (according to Hulda Clark) So it would look like this:
set the wave to square. Frequency (desired frequency) Amplitude 8vPP. Offset 4.250. VDC and Lowlevel Offset 250mV. Duty cycle 50%.

Could someone please explain why a pure Positive Offset Square Wave is altered by Hulda Clark to "avoid undesirable negative spikes?  The whole idea of the zapper is to avoid any negative current as in current below the reference line. Also which way would the current be flowing from the red terminal to black on my Rigol DG1022 function generator. And any idea how much current would be flowing through these terminals?

I have no qualifications in electronics so sorry if I am using incorrect terminology.

Thanks for your help :)

Offline Marco

• Super Contributor
Re: Square wave with 100% positive offset
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2014, 08:15:36 pm »
"Could someone please explain why a pure Positive Offset Square Wave is altered by Hulda Clark to "avoid undesirable negative spikes?"

Why are you asking us to divine the meaning in the words of someone who is either insane or a liar? There is no meaning there, don't go looking for it.

The following users thanked this post: newbrain

Offline Lightages

• Supporter
  • Canadian po
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2014, 08:45:40 pm »
Asking here how some homeopathic's weird ideas work is not going to get any answers. The only answer I can provide is don't waste your time on such unscientific, unfounded craziness.

Offline grumpydoc

• Super Contributor

Offline lewis

• Frequent Contributor
  • Nullius in verba
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2014, 10:59:01 am »
There's definitely something in it guys, they've got crystals in and everything. http://www.huldaclarkzappers.com/
I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered.

Offline codeboy2k

• Super Contributor
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2014, 11:10:26 am »
I just want to have those bacteria and parasites in HD as a screen saver :)

And definitely want to have my own Crystal Toilet Seat just like this one :

Offline lewis

• Frequent Contributor
  • Nullius in verba
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2014, 11:14:04 am »
I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered.

Offline Psi

• Super Contributor
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2014, 12:15:02 pm »
It's wrong to criticize the 'crazy' people trying random things in their garage that aren't supported by science. 

As long as the don't hurt other people directly or indirectly i say leave them alone to experiment. Even if only one in a million of them discover something real it's still worth it.

Greek letter 'Psi' (not Pounds per Square Inch)

Offline psycho0815

• Regular Contributor
    • H-REG Blog
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2014, 02:32:07 pm »
Ok i'll bite and try to take this seriously.
The only reason i can think of for the extra offset is that most functiongens won't alwas give you a clear signal. Depending your fg the frequency and parasitics (not those you want to zap) there can be issues like undershoot and ringing that can give short negative spikes even though your squarewave is 100% offset. the extra offset provides some buffer to make sure the signal can never go negative, even if it undershoots.

The current, both positive and negative would be limited by how much current the dg1022 can source and your skinconductivity. Unfortunately skinconductivity ranges wildly and depends on a lot of factors, so i can't give you a number here.

Off course as already mentioned the whole concept behind this is most likely BS, so i don't see how any of this would matter.
If you like, check out my blog (german):
http://h-reg.blogspot.de

Offline Lightages

• Supporter
  • Canadian po
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2014, 03:30:32 pm »
It's wrong to criticize the 'crazy' people trying random things in their garage that aren't supported by science. 

As long as the don't hurt other people directly or indirectly i say leave them alone to experiment. Even if only one in a million of them discover something real it's still worth it.

It does hurt people directly and indirectly. When people waste their time and money chasing things like this that have already been proven to be fraud, quack science, or misguided beliefs, they divert their resources away from things that actually can cure or have a benefit. Letting people go on believing things like this makes them more likely to believe the next thing or even worse things.

Offline matkar

• Regular Contributor
  • Sixty percent of the time it works EVERY time.
« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2014, 04:21:28 pm »
But the funny thing is it actually helps some of the people. Not the device itself but believing it is helping them. Believing is healing. And to all of us nonbelievers; we are doomed because of lost faith :)

I've seen some variations of the mentioned device, one sold for over 600 euros as I recall. For that money it has to do something good doesn't it?

Hm, direct analogy to audiophoolery? Only this time the moral aspects are somehow more important...

@daviddmf
I hope you didn't buy a signal generator just for this purpose. For a few USD/EUR you can make such a device by yourself.

Offline eKretz

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2014, 07:52:52 pm »
Perhaps a small percentage of people might trick themselves into thinking they feel better by believing in this ridiculousness but they aren't actually getting cured by it. There are at least a few documented cases linked on that site of people being told they were cured by this Clark person who shortly thereafter died. Of cancer that Clark said was "cured." The Clark woman herself died of cancer for crying out loud. You think she invented a cure for cancer and decided she just didn't really want to use it for herself?

Offline Macbeth

• Super Contributor
« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2014, 08:04:28 pm »
Hello this is my fist post and I am seeking advice on how to set my Rigol function generator to produce a Positive Offset Square Wave Frequency. There appears to be two options if I am to turn my frequency generator into a Hulda Clark type zapper which I would like to experiment with.

1. set the wave to square. Frequency (desired frequency) Amplitude 8vPP. Offset 4.0 VDC and Lowlevel Offset 0V. Duty cycle 50%.
2. Same as above but "the base of the square wave is set individually on every unit a minimum of 1/4 volt above zero to avoid undesirable negative spikes." (according to Hulda Clark) So it would look like this:
set the wave to square. Frequency (desired frequency) Amplitude 8vPP. Offset 4.250. VDC and Lowlevel Offset 250mV. Duty cycle 50%.

Could someone please explain why a pure Positive Offset Square Wave is altered by Hulda Clark to "avoid undesirable negative spikes?  The whole idea of the zapper is to avoid any negative current as in current below the reference line. Also which way would the current be flowing from the red terminal to black on my Rigol DG1022 function generator. And any idea how much current would be flowing through these terminals?

I have no qualifications in electronics so sorry if I am using incorrect terminology.

Thanks for your help :)
You appear to be aware of electronics "words" and stuff like that, but I suspect you have no insight. I genuinely recommend you visit your GP at a minimum and ask for some help from mental health councillors. If you are in the USA then I feel sorry for you and your inevitable decline to living on the streets as a hobo for no fault of your own, but at least in the rest of the first world, we have mental health care available. It helped both my mum and my brother immensely. Please seek it as soon as you can, it needn't end badly. I mean it.

Offline rjv23

• !
« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2022, 09:08:41 am »
wow, seems alot of idiots replying to this topic. just condemnation of the question without any explanation. have you heard of a company called Tesla and the out of the box thinking they do? there are several studies and discoveries linking cancers to pathogens. probably these zappers dont have any effect, but who in the comments have tried them and felt the effects? if not, maybe better to shut your pie hole or offer some real data on why this wont work. it is a frequency based theory, so it should be very easy for the know it all engineers here to debunk it.
similar statements about electrolysis water are heard all the time, but very few try to understand the real underlying cause for any effect. maybe it is the low ORP that is really behind the benefits and not the increased alkalinity....

-there is nothing worse than a cave dweller that thinks they know everything about the outside world

Online tooki

• Super Contributor
« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2022, 09:31:47 am »
You registered just to shit-talk about a thread from 8 years ago?!? In the intervening 8 years, the community here has become no more receptive to quack cures than it was then, and with good reason.

The following users thanked this post: rstofer

Offline Terry Bites

• Super Contributor
  • Recovering Electrical Engineer
« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2022, 02:01:33 pm »
Quackery exploits desperate people and is therefore not harmless arbitrary alternative beliefs.
I've seen die unnecessarily because they fell for it.
Fear, pain, anger and loss of status makes most people irrational. Exploiting that is simply wicked.

Vested interests do not prevent "unscientific" stuff from becoming mainstream.
The pardigm shifters of this world want to do away with critical thinking and "evil science".
Critical thinking controls underlies the power of the mainstream.

Can you imagine big pharma and medical device companies not cashing in on freaky electricals etc years since.
If alt stuff worked it would make serious cash for "ethical" healthcare industry and point of care providers.

Offline Stray Electron

• Super Contributor
« Reply #16 on: October 03, 2022, 02:23:46 pm »

It does hurt people directly and indirectly. When people waste their time and money chasing things like this that have already been proven to be fraud, quack science, or misguided beliefs, they divert their resources away from things that actually can cure or have a benefit. Letting people go on believing things like this makes them more likely to believe the next thing or even worse things.

X2.   But perhaps rjv didn't bother to read the web page about Hulda Clark's QUAKERY and fraud.

Offline Zenith

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #17 on: October 03, 2022, 02:27:17 pm »
But the funny thing is it actually helps some of the people. Not the device itself but believing it is helping them. Believing is healing. And to all of us nonbelievers; we are doomed because of lost faith :)

There are such things as The Placebo Effect and Spontaneous Remission. Apart from that there appears to be no reason to believe this contraption lives up to its claims.

To quote from the link given above by lewis:

Clark claimed that all cancers and many other diseases are caused by “parasites, toxins, and pollutants” and can be cured by killing the parasites and ridding the body of environmental chemicals. In a videotaped presentation, she said that all diseases were caused by a combination of a parasite and a pollutant [4]. Her book The Cure for All Cancers states:

All cancers are alike. They are all caused by a parasite. A single parasite! It is the human intestinal fluke. And if you kill this parasite, the cancer stops immediately. The tissue becomes normal again. In order to get cancer, you must have this parasite. . . .

So people exposed to large amounts of radiation or carcinogenic chemicals, and so contracting cancer, have also been infested by this parasite, otherwise they'd have been immune? Complete nonsense.

This appears to be a quack device aimed at desperate people.

Offline langwadt

• Super Contributor
« Reply #18 on: October 03, 2022, 04:42:39 pm »
This appears to be a quack device aimed at desperate people.

aimed at extracting money from desperate people

Offline mikerj

• Super Contributor
« Reply #19 on: October 03, 2022, 07:44:29 pm »
have you heard of a company called Tesla and the out of the box thinking they do?

I'm not aware of any unscientific homepathetic quackery that Tesla either researches or sells, do you have any more details?

Online bdunham7

• Super Contributor
« Reply #20 on: October 03, 2022, 07:52:30 pm »
I'm not aware of any unscientific homepathetic quackery that Tesla either researches or sells, do you have any more details?

FSD and Neuralink both might fit that description except I suppose they really aren't literally homeopathic.   :)
A 3.5 digit 4.5 digit 5 digit 5.5 digit 6.5 digit 7.5 digit DMM is good enough for most people.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf