Electronics > Beginners

storing data at 100Mhz

<< < (2/2)

Mechatrommer:
10 bytes x 100MHz = 1GB/s? to computer? jeez! i have Arduino data logger for around $40 allright! but not at this 1GB/s!

Simon:

--- Quote from: shafri on September 12, 2010, 07:50:39 pm ---10 bytes x 100MHz = 1GB/s? to computer? jeez! i have Arduino data logger for around $40 allright! but not at this 1GB/s!

--- End quote ---

No I think he wants to acquire at 100MHz and then send a block of 200KB to a computer, basically he wants a buffer to take a shot of 200KB at 100MHz and then send it on in it's own time before acquiring more

Mechatrommer:
oo ok. but still 1GB/s to RAM during less than 200KB is achieved. still quite almighty. maybe parallel RAM will do the trick. never look into the detail of RAMing though.

alm:
He basically needs a fast FIFO, but I think 80 * 2500 at 100MHz is pretty expensive (IDT72V3660L6PFG, 4Kx36 166MHz FIFO is about $50 each, and you'd need three for 80 bits wide). But you'd need an FPGA for external SDRAM, which is expensive, too.

My guess is that you won't get a solution for under $40 unless you either change the specs or the budget, unless you can reuse some existing equipment that you can get cheaply.

abhimanyu:
okk
so let me think on my design and budget once again
i will be back once i am done with the changes in the design to reduce data rate or to increase my budget
thanks you everyone for your inputs

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version