Author Topic: Studying Electronics  (Read 2006 times)

Offline polarKaungTopic starter

• Contributor
Studying Electronics
« on: November 25, 2021, 02:24:35 pm »
I am an electronic and communication engineering student at Yangon Technical University.

Currently, i am studying FPGA with VHDL and Cpp as programming language. I am interested in analog electronics and there are just so much stuff. I try to learn The Art of Electronic but i stuck on transistor chapter.

Please shed some light on how should i learn analog and digital electronic.

Thank you 😍😍

Offline Grandchuck

• Frequent Contributor
Re: Studying Electronics
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2021, 02:47:09 pm »
Welcome to the forum.

Here is a gentle intro that might be helpful:  https://wiki.analog.com/university/courses/engineering_discovery/lab_9

The following users thanked this post: polarKaung

Offline rstofer

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2021, 04:18:36 pm »
There are videos on YouTube covering every conceivable topic.  Dave has some "Fundamentals Friday" videos that are quite good.  w2aew has an entire series of videos and most cover important topics.

https://www.youtube.com/user/w2aew/playlists

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLvOlSehNtuHtWlH0UOZNtOn-FlFCn1GYw

KhanAcademy.com will cover the math and they have a separate Electrical Engineering program.
3Blue1Brown.com covers a lot of math with excellent graphics.

Analog electronics is all math and that's why I spent my school years working on digital.  It was just easier or perhaps more intuitive.

Make friends with Octave, a MATLAB work-alike program that is free.  When you start dealing with transfer functions the program is quite useful.  It also solves large matrix problems so working Kirchhoff's equations is a lot easier.  I never liked 4x4 matrices or larger when I had to work them by hand.  MATLAB is free to students but I don't know if that is restricted to the US or not.  You would at least need a university email account.  If it isn't free, Octave works well and most scripts port easily.  Hint:  Use the % symbol to start comments, it will work in both systems.  Octave will accept MATLAB syntax, MATLAB will not always accept Octave's and the comment is one of  those situations.

Also make friends with LTspice, if you aren't already using it, you soon will be.

You might get some use out of desmos.com for graphing and symbolab.com for solving.  If you join symbolab, you can get more detailed solutions than the non-members get.  It's worth every penny!
« Last Edit: November 25, 2021, 07:14:53 pm by rstofer »

• Contributor
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2021, 04:21:22 pm »
Thank you, that's really good information! ;D ;D ;)

Offline rstofer

• Super Contributor
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2021, 04:30:13 pm »
Google for KatKim Show videos.  She is very good with control systems, power systems and all the math that goes with it.

https://irosyadi.gitbook.io/irosyadi/course/control-systems  -- I haven't look at this site but it seems interesting.

Offline rstofer

• Super Contributor
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2021, 05:18:05 pm »
I left out one of the best resources:  Just post a question in the Beginner's forum right here.  There are quite a few users with high skill levels.
Or, use one of the more specific forums like Microcontrollers or FPGA. 

The nice thing about EEVblog is that most of the users genuinely want to help.  And they especially want to help students and beginners.  No, they won't do your homework but they will provide hints and suggestions.

Offline ambrosia heart

• Regular Contributor
  • !
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2021, 04:47:37 am »
I am an electronic and communication engineering student at Yangon Technical University.

Currently, i am studying FPGA with VHDL and Cpp as programming language. I am interested in analog electronics and there are just so much stuff. I try to learn The Art of Electronic but i stuck on transistor chapter.

Please shed some light on how should i learn analog and digital electronic.

Thank you 😍😍
長文 :)
嘩,居然有灣灣人上來,真是罕見,灣灣人,art of electroncis是作給外國人的,你一定懂中文的,夢多同法比歐也懂中文.你懂中文就睇中文書,analog electronics就一定要睇這一本書,是台灣出版的叫電晶体電路的設計,你間大學圖書館一定會有的.作者是大師級人馬:鈴木雅臣,他正是日本機皇金桑子的出品人.這本書會教曉你如何設計一部電晶体功放,如何設計電子開關電路,如何設一個電源,如何設計一個mosfet一部功放及如何設計一粒運算放大器.這本書有上下冊的.Audio amplifier design by self Dxxxx不能與鈴木雅臣一書比美的.外國人不懂中文才覺得這本書是天書,如果外國人懂中文,這本 Audio amplifier design by self Dxxxx只能站在一邊了.鈴木雅臣這本書連大陸佬都向他致敬----笶.

我告訴你如果你想學習電子學.無論你想做設計定維修,必先從工作原理入手.所以要睇書.睇的書不是art of electroncis,而是維修書.睇art of electroncis十世都是小白.你要看以下的維修書,睇pm(下星期一)
1.功放:掌握了這7本書後,你會懂得修功放及設計
2.筆記本及主機板:掌握了這2本書後,你會懂得修.筆記本及主機板及其工作原理.
3.DVD:掌握了這2本書後,你會懂得修DVD及Blu Ray機及全個數位信號的運作
4.SMPS:掌握了這3本書後,你會懂得修SMPS及LED電視機及
Plasma電視機的PFC電源及電視機中的固障.
5.DSP.掌握了這1本書後,你會懂得修DSP及完全握其運作原理.
6.SMPS design掌握了這1本書後,你會懂design 一個SMPS及完全握其運作原理.
7.CPU掌握了這1本書後,你會懂design 一個CPU
8.SMPS (ATX及UPS) 掌握了這2本書後,你會懂修理ATX結構電源,包括UPS.
9.I PHONE掌握了這1本書後,你會懂修理I PHONE及其工作原理.
10.Android phone掌握了這2本書後,你會懂修理android phone及其工作原理.
11. linear power supply掌握了這1本書後,你會懂修理linear power supply及其工作原理.這些書都有詳細的電路分析,能使你明白其中的工作原理,更加有波形測量及續級續級去量度.最重要的是圖文並茂有的包括了DVD喔。你這樣去學電子會好快學懂.問題是你會花多少時間去閱讀這些書呢,大約有2000-3000頁.電子學是易學難精

English Version
Oh dear, It is very rare to see a Taiwanese here. Art of electronics is written for foreigners not for Asian.Able to read chinese characters must read chinese book. There is a book called 電晶体電路的設計 written by a great master called 鈴木雅臣, the designer of Accuphase. You can borrow this book from your university library. This book is published by Taiwan. This book tells you how to design
1. a transistor amp.
2. an electronics switch
3. a linear power supply.
4. a MOSFET amp.
5. an op-amp.
This book has book 1 and book 2.  Audio amplifier design by self Dxxxx cannot compare with books
written by 鈴木雅臣. Foreigners are unable to read chinese words, If they do, Audio amplifier design by self Dxxxx can only stand aside. Mainlander engineers also salute to 鈴木雅臣, LOL.
I tell you how to study electronics no matter which path you want to go either design or repair.  You must start from learning their working principle 。This explains why you need to read repair book but NOT art of electroncis, Even you read art of electroncis several decades, you will still be a rookie. Which repair books See pm.
1.amp: after reading 7 books, you will know how to repair and design an amp.
2.notebook and desktop mainboard.after reading 2 books, you will know how to repair and how they work.
3.DVD.after reading 2 books, you will know how to repair DVD and blu ray and how digital signals flow
4.SMPS after reading 3 books, you will know how to repair SMPS and both LED and  Plasma PFC SMPS
circuit as well as LED/Plasma faluty.
5.DSP after reading this books, you will know how to design DSP system and how it work
6.SMPS design. after reading this  books, you will know how to design a SMPS and know how it works in depth.
7.CPU. after reading this book, you will know how to design a CPU.
8.SMPS (ATX & UPS)after reading 2 books you will know how to repair ATX and UPS
9.i phone after reading this book, you will know how to repair an iphone and know how i phone work.
10.Android phne after reading this books, you will know how to repair an android phone.
11. linear power supply.after reading this books, you will know how to repair a linear power supply.

These books have a very detailed circuits explanation, making you know how they work in depth.Besides with all waveforms and pictures shown from stage to stage let you understand how they work. Some books even have a DVD for you to watch. How much time do you want to spend on readingthese fucking books, however. There are total of about 2000-3000 pages. Electronics is a subject easy to learn butdifficult to master in depth

Offline rstofer

• Super Contributor
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2021, 04:27:43 pm »
Specific to the transistor issue, I like w2aew's explanations and demonstrations:

https://youtu.be/c6cmkm3UPUI

https://youtu.be/zXh5gMc6kyU

To get the most out of the videos, it is necessary to do the experiments yourself and perhaps plot some results.  Ic vs Ib, Vbe vs Ib, things like that.  You can do a really decent set of experiments if you have 3 DMMs - one for Ib, one for Ic and one for Vce

A scope and signal generator are very helpful as shown in the videos.  If you don't have them, maybe you can use the University's lab equipment for extra projects like this.  If necessary, you can use batteries for the supply but be sure you measure Vcc because it will fall over time.

« Last Edit: November 27, 2021, 04:38:53 pm by rstofer »

• Contributor
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2021, 05:10:49 pm »
May I know the names of these books, i am lost finding them  :-/O
« Last Edit: November 28, 2021, 05:12:41 pm by polarKaung »

Offline ambrosia heart

• Regular Contributor
  • !
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2021, 02:50:30 am »
PM has been sent to you already.
所有書名直接COPY之後去淘宝seach有些書已絶版,只可以買盜版
但不重要,重要的是你可以知道它們的運作原理.你睇完之後,功力
會大増,在台灣沒有一個同學可以與你的電子知識比美了.當你去
找工作時,老細叫你分析一下個電路或你可以繪出什麼電路時也
只是小菜一碟了.你識電路分析及信號追蹤是design及repair的關鍵,
信不信由你.,你全部買下要500-600港幣(星期三上載圖片)

English Version
All book names can be searched at taobao by copy and paste. Some books
are not printed now. You can buy a pirated one to read. It doesn't matter
whether pirated or not. Knowing how a circuit work is of paramount important.
After you read these books, none of university students can compare with you.
When you are looking for a job, a boss may ask you to draw a circuit that you learnt or
explain a circuit to him. It is just a piece of cake from your point of view.
Believe it or not, Knowing how a circuit work and how to perform signal tracing
is a key to success no matter what path either repair or design you want to go to.
You need to spend 500-600HKD to buy them all. Pictures will be uploaded on wednesday

Offline armandine2

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2021, 09:11:08 pm »
I try to learn The Art of Electronic but i stuck on transistor chapter.

"bottom it out" - that is, find exactly where you're getting stuck - make a note of it - read on, as it may be explain itself. If you're still stuck ask the question here directly - someone must've understood the point before, and can explain it to you.
Funny, the things you have the hardest time parting with are the things you need the least - Bob Dylan

Offline ambrosia heart

• Regular Contributor
  • !
« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2021, 02:32:54 am »
See photos and how beautiful contents are. :)
Tomorrow I will be busy. :popcorn: Post them all today.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2021, 03:48:13 am by ambrosia heart »

Offline ambrosia heart

• Regular Contributor
  • !
« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2021, 02:36:51 am »
more photos
Choose one you feel :popcorn: interested or buy them all :wtf:

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf