Author Topic: Got to be woth £20 uk  (Read 86927 times)

Offline bilko

• Frequent Contributor
Re: Got to be woth £20 uk
« Reply #50 on: July 16, 2013, 05:06:19 pm »
I ordered mine 27th June, still waiting

Offline pmcouto

• Supporter
« Reply #51 on: July 16, 2013, 05:42:06 pm »
Hi,

I have received mine yesterday, ordered June 15th.

As already mentioned by other posters, my Voltage Reference also includes a small piece of paper (sorry, a Calibration Certificate  :-DD) with measured values at the factory.
Compared to the values measured with my brand new Agilent 34461A, it is almost spot-on!

Voltage – Factory “paper” –  Agilent 34461A
2.5 V     –     2.50033  V     –     2.50028 V
5 V        –     5.00240  V     –     5.00241 V
7.5 V     –     7.50129  V     –     7.50136 V
10 V        –   10.00285  V     –   10.00296 V

In my opinion, it is well worth 20 GBP!  :-+

Regards,
Pedro Couto

Online Fraser

• Super Contributor
« Reply #52 on: July 26, 2013, 02:05:40 pm »
My additional two units that are travelling to the UK are very much overdue now  :(

I have contacted the seller again after the deadline he stated for delivery expired. One has been on order since the day this thread started. At least I have one to use in the workshop.

« Last Edit: July 26, 2013, 08:20:04 pm by Aurora »
If I have helped you please consider a donation : https://gofund.me/c86b0a2c

Offline G7PSK

• Super Contributor
  • It is hot until proved not.
« Reply #53 on: July 26, 2013, 03:37:49 pm »
My unit is also overdue it is now a full month since the order. I suppose it could be held up in customs, that happened to me once, They contacted me to say that if I did not pay the duty within seven days they would send the item back to the sender as this was nearly six months after it had arrived at the customs and they had just been sitting on it expecting me to know that they had when the sender could not trace it I sent them a rude message telling them exactly where to place the item. :-DD

Offline staxquad

• Frequent Contributor
  • Eye Candy
« Reply #54 on: July 26, 2013, 04:08:05 pm »
edit: Price: US $21.88, going down!

I ordered mine on 06/28/13 and got it last week (used the link to the ebay item provided by Aurora)

44% chance of arrival after 14 calender days for Canada
79% chance of arrival after 20 calender days for Canada
72% chance of arrival after 14 calender days for UK
92% chance of arrival after 20 calender days for UK

worth it with the calibration sheet

already did a mod to it to extend it's usefulness

with the calibration sheet in it, it won't be lost
« Last Edit: August 13, 2013, 05:39:32 am by staxquad »
"TEPCO Fukushima you long time"
You say Vegemite, I say Yosemite. (Ve-gem-mit-tee, Yo-zey-might)  
"For starters : you're Canadian...."

Offline 807

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #55 on: July 26, 2013, 05:50:49 pm »
...already did a mod to it to extend it's usefulness...

with the calibration sheet in it, it won't be lost
Yep. Good idea.

First thing I did when I received mine was to write the cal data down on a few sheets of paper & spread them around, so, hopefully, I could always find one if I lost the original. LOL.

Obviously, yours will never get lost!

Online Fraser

• Super Contributor
« Reply #56 on: July 26, 2013, 08:24:56 pm »
The supplier of one of my units is sender another and considered the first one lost. I am wondering if the units are getting intercepted somewhere along the line as they are not declared to contain a battery, and a Lithium one at that. I have accepted his offer so we shall see if it is second time lucky. My missing units are from two different sellers.

Offline M. András

• Super Contributor
« Reply #57 on: July 26, 2013, 09:47:45 pm »
that can be a problem too, anyway 2 of my packages is lost or hangs somewhere in the line from china both of them was due to shipped till 2 weeks ago, but this reference arrived so i dont know what the hell is with the chinese post sometimes (10 50x25x10mm heatsinks are missing and 60 ic clips/minigrabbers both of the sellers asked to wait and its already passed 30 days)

Offline G7PSK

• Super Contributor
« Reply #58 on: July 28, 2013, 08:37:13 am »
I have also contacted the seller and he is sending out another unit. Last time that happened 2 sets of test leads arrived on the same day, for some strange reason the second set dislodged the first set which was stuck in the postal system somewhere, the first was sent regular mail and the second was sent swiss post, so it was not the senders fault but the post system.

Online Fraser

• Super Contributor
« Reply #59 on: August 10, 2013, 12:25:55 pm »
Most of the replacements for those that went missing in transit have just arrived. A London based post forwarding agent was used. All of the units that I have purchased have been supplied with a calibration certificate and were wrapped in soft cloth and bubble wrap to protect them. One unit is outstanding but I expect its delivery this week from the forwarding agent.

For info. The Hong Kong based supplier was an honourable seller and sent replacement units without any problems. Top marks. The China based seller also sent a replacement unit without any issues and is also a most honourable person.

The two sellers that I purchased the units from are shown below:

haruyr_kb -  based in Hong Kong.

1984yht888 - based in China

My experience with these two sellers has been simply superb. Yes the items became lost in transit, but they behaved impeccably with superb communications and customer service.

I am still wondering whether these units are getting spotted in airline checks and confiscated for containing a lithium battery and not having a warning of such shown on the packaging, in line with IATA regulations. For separate consignments of these units from HK and China to go missing almost simultaneously is most unusual.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2013, 02:02:55 pm by Aurora »

Offline G7PSK

• Super Contributor
« Reply #60 on: August 10, 2013, 03:32:24 pm »
I ordered mine from the Hong Kong seller, he has sent another bus as of yet that has not arrived, I wonder if the problem is royal mail as from the 15th July they introduced new regulations regarding what they would carry and I just had trouble getting the post office to accept a mobile phone I was returning as it had failed, the person behind the window was arguing despite the leaflet saying that it was OK for inland mail as long as the battery was either in the equipment or well wrapped so as not to crush in transit.

Online Fraser

• Super Contributor
« Reply #61 on: August 10, 2013, 08:59:11 pm »
Oh no, not more regulations !

I had enormous trouble shipping an HF radio receiver to Italy as the P.O. Clerk insisted such could not be imported to Italy due to local regulations. My receiver became an "Lowe HF-225 HF Demodulator" on the paperwork and suddenly it was OK to ship. There is always a way to ship something, but care is needed in the description of the contents  ;)

Offline G7PSK

• Super Contributor
« Reply #62 on: August 10, 2013, 09:30:54 pm »
Regulations are all well and fine until you get to the "jobsworth" thats when the trouble begins. |O

Offline ecat

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #63 on: August 13, 2013, 06:53:56 am »
I ordered mine from the Hong Kong seller, he has sent another bus as of yet that has not arrived, I wonder if the problem is royal mail as from the 15th July they introduced new regulations regarding what they would carry and I just had trouble getting the post office to accept a mobile phone I was returning as it had failed, the person behind the window was arguing despite the leaflet saying that it was OK for inland mail as long as the battery was either in the equipment or well wrapped so as not to crush in transit.

The one I purchased from haruyr_kb on the 1st of July arrived July 25th, if that information is of any help to you in your sleuthing.

Offline Codemonkey

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #64 on: August 13, 2013, 07:12:58 am »
The one I purchased from haruyr_kb on the 1st of July arrived July 25th, if that information is of any help to you in your sleuthing.

I ordered one on 28th June and it didn't arrive until somewhere between 25th July - 6th August (Delivered to the office but I was away). Got round to testing it yesterday and it didn't work (no output from it, but the LED's lit and you could select the voltage with the button). Eventually traced the fault to being one side of the inductor that wasn't soldered down (it had lifted up on one side during soldering, if you pressed on it gently it all worked so guess they got lucky when it was tested).

Offline M. András

• Super Contributor
« Reply #65 on: August 14, 2013, 05:45:20 pm »
anyone who got his unit and have a scope could you hook it up to its output? i measure 150mv pp with my fluke on dcv and when measuring ac,dc it shows 150mv ac

Offline Nermash

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #66 on: August 14, 2013, 07:49:32 pm »
I just measured mine with Fluke 287 and it is 400uV noise on AC mV range. Are you charging it?

Offline M. András

• Super Contributor
« Reply #67 on: August 14, 2013, 08:27:08 pm »
I just measured mine with Fluke 287 and it is 400uV noise on AC mV range. Are you charging it?
no its fully battery powered it was fully charged when arrived
edit: i changed to ac mV range too its around 3-400uv. but on dcv on the 10 range the peak values are 10.13/9.88 on the 2.5v range its ten times smaller deviation. as i dont have a scope i cant see why it measures this
« Last Edit: August 14, 2013, 08:30:19 pm by M. András »

Offline ecat

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #68 on: August 14, 2013, 09:07:41 pm »
Quick scope test with the unit on battery power set to 10V:

AC coupled x1 scope probe connected to the flying leads I have plugged into the unit... A very funky wave form peaking at about 500mV.

AC coupled x1 scope probe connected directly to the sockets on the unit... Wave is still funky but down to 150mV max peak.

Replacing the ground connector on the probe with a short coil of stiff wire and connecting directly to the sockets on the unit... Funky wave now around 60mV peak. But, I get the much the same 60mV peak wave form without the unit connected, so some sort of common noise? I do see an additional 20mV peak wave with the unit connected but I'd need to eliminate the background noise sources before reaching a conclusion.

short coil of stiff wire: EEVBlog #441

Edit:
I've had my unit connected to a 6 1/2 digit Solartron 7150+ since the day it arrived. The least significant digit on the 7150 is not very stable at the best of times (+/-3 iirc spec from new), that said I don't recall seeing the 10V reading going below 9.99995 or above 10.00008, and that is with the big temperature swings we've had in Scotland over the past few weeks.

« Last Edit: August 14, 2013, 09:22:57 pm by ecat »

alm

« Reply #69 on: August 14, 2013, 10:03:42 pm »
A quick and dirty test:
Measured mV AC with a 4.5 digit handheld Fluke: 0.3 mV
DCV at 10V setting: stable 9.998 V reading

With a 100 MHz 10x scope probe on a 500 MHz scope (no BW limit) on 10 mV/div (too lazy to dig out a 1x probe) with AC coupling: 1.2mV rms with the tip and ground lead connected to the same point, 1.7 mV rms with the tip and ground connected across the reference (set to 2.5 V)

I measured it with a few 6.5 digit meters a few weeks ago, and I think it was stable except the last digit that would very slowly drift up and down.

So no indication of excessive noise in my sample. The results suggest common noise picked up by the meter / scope, although I didn't take any precautions to minimize loop area either (standard ~8cm ground lead).

Offline M. András

• Super Contributor
« Reply #70 on: August 15, 2013, 01:55:54 pm »
i measured those with a fluke 289 in peak detect mode. and ac+dc the low noise was in plain acv mode, but the plain dc reading is stable

Online Fraser

• Super Contributor
« Reply #71 on: September 02, 2013, 03:45:44 pm »
Just to confirm, all of my units have now arrived. Some took an awful long time but at least they made it in the end. The missing units never turned up so they were likely lost or intercepted in transit due to the lithium battery.

The units have already proved their worth when sorting through a pile of stored multi-meters. I could quickly sort out the good from the bad, the keepers from the bin jobs  :) No surprise that my old Altai meters from the 1980's were bin jobs ! The AVO analogue meter was still reading accurate though  ;D

Offline M0BSW

• Frequent Contributor
  • Left this site 2013, they will not delete it ????
« Reply #72 on: September 12, 2013, 07:26:45 pm »
Ok now the dust has settled, I bought one of these , for the price it can sit  in the shack, it will be interesting to see ,what my meters read, I know I'm a bit slow in reacting to these, I never rush in to anything. :-DD
no one would or will tell me how to delete this account

Offline KJDS

• Super Contributor
    • my website holding page
« Reply #73 on: September 12, 2013, 08:30:19 pm »
I ordered a few last week, hopefully they won't take too long to turn up.

Offline G7PSK

• Super Contributor
« Reply #74 on: September 12, 2013, 09:19:31 pm »
Mine turned up at last, took long enough first one never showed up and second one was over a month in arriving.
I have no real way of testing its accuracy as I only have a UniT 61E an Amprobe and an AVO but my brother in law works at the National Physical Laboratory so I will see if he can test it for me some time.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf