Author Topic: light bulb control using raspberry pi  (Read 1598 times)

Offline stoica adrianTopic starter

• Contributor
light bulb control using raspberry pi
« on: June 03, 2016, 08:01:02 pm »
Hi,
Me and a friend of mine we want to make this project. We want to control the luminosity of our bulb lightroom using a phone. We want to make this using a raspberry pi. I am a full time electronics tehician, he is an full time progamator, so all the programing softuare goes to him.

Fore the interface between raspberry pi and bulb i want to use this:

http://www.instructables.com/id/safe-and-simple-AC-PWM-Dimmer-for-arduino-Raspberr/

But i don't know how to make the interface between phone and raspberry pi.
ideas?

Offline sokoloff

• Super Contributor
Re: light bulb control using raspberry pi
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2016, 08:57:38 pm »
I'd use wifi as the easiest common protocol. Give the RPi a wifi adapter (or just use an RPi3 with it built-in), and then either use the phone talking directly talking to the Pi, or have both connecting to a common server. (The latter allows control from anywhere; the former is more appropriate for an in-house only.)

Offline netdudeuk

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2016, 09:48:59 pm »

Offline Ian.M

• Super Contributor
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2016, 10:40:29 pm »
I've got a very low opinion of any instructable that suggests building mains projects on any type of perfboard without dedicating a whole step to ensuring creepage and clearance distances are adequate.  If someone builds this on matrix board that's got plated through holes or a top-side ground plane, it would be pretty dangerous.  I would also recommend using a Dremel cutting disk to slot the board directly under the Optocoupler to improve the creepage distance.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf