Author Topic: Tektronix 464  (Read 2384 times)

Offline ZorixTopic starter

Tektronix 464
« on: November 19, 2012, 05:30:13 pm »
Hi everyone.  New here, thought I would ask what everyone thinks of this scope.  I have some experience with electronics and I can make simple repairs and simple designs.  I have recently got a great deal on a Tektronix 464 which was not working.  Turns out it was an easy fix and it seems to work just fine.  I was wondering what everyone thinks of this model and what I should be aware about with it.  Thank you!

Offline w2aew

• Super Contributor
  • I usTa cuDnt speL enjinere, noW I aR wuN
    • My YouTube Channel
Re: Tektronix 464
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2012, 09:22:33 pm »
Hi everyone.  New here, thought I would ask what everyone thinks of this scope.  I have some experience with electronics and I can make simple repairs and simple designs.  I have recently got a great deal on a Tektronix 464 which was not working.  Turns out it was an easy fix and it seems to work just fine.  I was wondering what everyone thinks of this model and what I should be aware about with it.  Thank you!

It is basically the storage version of the venerable 465 - which was one of the most popular analog oscilloscopes that Tek ever made.  Even if the phosphor storage feature doesn't work well, the scope is still a very usable analog scope.  The 465 was (and still is) very popular.  It dates back to the late 70s, early 80's.  Mine is still going strong.
YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/w2aew
FAE for Tektronix
Technical Coordinator for the ARRL Northern NJ Section

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf