Author Topic: Wireless mains remote master / slave switch module, where do I find one?  (Read 433 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline alcs2000au

  • Contributor
  • Posts: 10
Hi guys

I am trying to turn on some lights somewhere else in the house if the main lightswitch is turned on. Hence I am looking for a transmitter watching the status of the main light switch to then also set the receiver relay module the same way. Basically a remote wall switch with the wall switch replaced by a transmitter monitoring the preinstalled one.

I think this does what I am looking for, I am however looking for the correct name of this module as well as If there is anything like this on digikey or mouser that I can actually order.

« Last Edit: April 20, 2019, 08:42:32 pm by alcs2000au »

Offline chagli

  • Contributor
  • Posts: 18
  • Country: be

The complete name seems to be ERM-DAU-277.

I don't think you will find this kind of specialized module on Digikey.

It could be a funny project though.

Online rstofer

  • Super Contributor
  • ***
  • Posts: 6935
  • Country: us

Offline alcs2000au

  • Contributor
  • Posts: 10
Alright, I thought this was a standard product. If I have to do it myself I think ill do it with Sonoff and Tasmota. Thanks for the inputs! Wish there was a standard off the shelf solution out there that can easily be purchased...
« Last Edit: April 21, 2019, 08:09:04 pm by alcs2000au »

Offline soldar

  • Super Contributor
  • ***
  • Posts: 2607
  • Country: es
The requirements are a bit vague but it sounds like signalling over the powerline might be the way to go.
All my posts are made with 100% recycled electrons and bare traces of grey matter.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo