Author Topic: S-type load cell fundamentals question  (Read 373 times)

Offline V_KingTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
S-type load cell fundamentals question
« on: October 21, 2019, 08:09:57 am »
Hello,

I need a couple of 500kg load cells. One local supplier has some 2000kg load cells he is happy to sell cheaper than 500kg ones. The load cells are same manufacturer, same physical dimensions, and same technical specs apart from the load rating. The sales guy is not most technically minded, and can not advice me.

What fundamentally should I expect to have differently? As I understand I would have to have a greater gain for 2k load cell to achieve the same output under 0-500kg load? What would that lead to? greater noise? Reduced resolution (if I correctly understood the theory I was reading upon)? I tried reading upon load cell rating fundamentals, but just get a headache.

Thanks

p.s. this is not a discussion in regards to sales person technical  knowledge. I rarely find one whom is capable of answering more fundament questions of the product working principles they sell.

Offline ebclr

• Super Contributor
Re: S-type load cell fundamentals question
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2019, 11:28:33 am »
Electronically is the same circuit, Only the size of the S load cell is the difference ( and the price also ), Still, a  resistance bridge does not matter what the load is, The unique difference is in software who will adjust the slope, gain, tpco and linearization

How many units do you need ?
« Last Edit: October 21, 2019, 11:30:47 am by ebclr »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf