Author Topic: Using the PM 6303 RCL Meter  (Read 236 times)

Offline watchmakerTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
  • Self Study in EE
    • Precision Timepiece Restoration and Service
Using the PM 6303 RCL Meter
« on: May 09, 2024, 06:01:40 pm »
The owner and service manuals seem to suggest that these either work or they do not.  Nothing to adjust; just replace.

So other than zeroing the C before use, these are self regulating?  Is there anything I should know about its use?

It does agree with my Shannon Tweezers and hits the nail on resistance with both the ST and my Fluke 45.

This was miscategorized in the Health and Dental section and I got it cheap, with the Phillips 4 wire Kelvin alligator clip adapter.  i figured since I was starting capacitors and inductors, what the Hell.

I presume I will learn how to measure capacitance manually at which point I will verify its reliability.

THANKS!
Regards,

Dewey

Offline aliarifat794

• Regular Contributor
Re: Using the PM 6303 RCL Meter
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2024, 08:37:01 am »
Is your RCL meter working fine?

Offline watchmakerTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
  • Self Study in EE
    • Precision Timepiece Restoration and Service
Re: Using the PM 6303 RCL Meter
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2024, 11:16:00 am »
Is your RCL meter working fine?

As far as I know, yes it works.  R agrees with FLuke and Keysight 1252, and Shannon's tweezers.  C agrees with Shannon's Tweezers.

I zero it with the clips open to where it alternates between 0.0 pF and L on Cp.

Not sure if it would  have been smarter to use the money for the Deere or if it is "better" than the Tweezers, but since I am a wathcmaker, I like toys and I like to confirm measurement instruments (which I know is different than calibrate).  In my old life as a statistician, the motto was "if you can't be right, be consistent".

Regards,

Dewey

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf