Author Topic: What is going to impect replacing a different battery in car remote started  (Read 663 times)

Offline sairfan1Topic starter

• Frequent Contributor
I have Nissan car remote starter, it had pre installed CR2016 x 2 batteries in series (as its a used car I'm not sure if pre installed baterries were correct, unfortunatly I can't read brand/model number of the remote).
I had only CR2032 battery (3v) with me so i installed it, remote worked but I want to know, if its going to impect range of remote as in total it was 6v (as CR2016 betteries were installed in series) or this may cause life of battery or anything else?

Offline tunk

• Frequent Contributor
Measure the voltages of the old cells, then look at this and make some estimates:
https://lygte-info.dk/info/BatteriesLowCurrentDischarge%20UK.html#CR2032,_Panasonic

Edit: I thought by "range" you meant battery life. If you mean distance, why not test it?

« Last Edit: January 19, 2024, 03:39:48 pm by tunk »

Offline coromonadalix

• Super Contributor
their thickness is different  you may or will stretch the battery holder or even break it,  did you put 2x  cr2032 ??

Offline sairfan1Topic starter

• Frequent Contributor
did you put 2x  cr2032 ??

I put only one CR2032 battery, that's why I was wondering how its going to impect the remote.

Offline wasedadoc

• Super Contributor
did you put 2x  cr2032 ??

I put only one CR2032 battery, that's why I was wondering how its going to impect the remote.
You need to ascertain whether the remote is designed to take a single 2032 and someone previously fitted two 2016s of if two 2016s are  intended.  If the latter a single 2032 is likely to have reduced range and cause the remote to require cell replacement quite quickly.

Often there is polarity marking as part of the cover moulding.  Does it offer any clues?

Offline electr_peter

• Supporter
Most car remotes have CR2032 battery inside, but thats is not a strict rule. Check battery change instructions in car manual (or similar model of same manufacturer). 2*CR2016 and 1*CR2032 is very different.

Offline coromonadalix

• Super Contributor
cr2016 in serial is 6vdc  a single cell  is 3vdc     you miss half the voltage ?   guess ...  :palm:

plain stupid move,  go buy the right cell   |O

Offline mikerj

• Super Contributor
Which model Nissan is it?  Most Nissan keyfobs in the last 15 years or so take a single cell (CR1220, CR2016, CR2025 or CR2032)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf