Electronics > Beginners

What Is This Mounting/Fixture Board?

<< < (4/4)


--- Quote from: jpanhalt on July 10, 2022, 05:31:24 pm ---Those sort of plates go by a variety of names.  I learned them as tooing plates or fixture plates.  Apparently more modern terms are:
Grid plates
Cheese plates  (probably a term used mainly by pathologists and/or Swiss)

Here's a grid plate that ma interest you: https://www.gobilda.com/1116-series-grid-plate-7-x-11-hole-56-x-88mm/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI7dCI_uru-AIVj2xvBB2nKQaaEAYYAyABEgICqfD_BwE

--- End quote ---

Those plates are overkill for my project, but thanks for the link. I can think of a number of uses for them for structural purposes.

well i usually find in most of the mil/lab test equipment that i dismantle. also i found it in some mil PCs. the screws i save in a bottle. but the boards I usually throw them away. I would say old ones have a distinctive smell. and for devices older as 2000 i found normaly to be some kind of resin / 3d printed.

let me see if i have some pictures of some of them.


[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Go to full version