Electronics > Beginners

What's so cool about "analog"?

<< < (23/24) > >>

Tomorokoshi:
marantz VU meter.
[attachimg=1]

rsjsouza:
Not as great of a picture (photogram of a short clip of mine), but a parallel association of four in a reel-to-reel quadraphonic deck is quite an analog beauty. Looking at a Reel-ro-reel in operation is also quite the sight - I am pretty sure you can find various Techmoan videos (this short clip of mine shows the aforementioned Akai in operation).

coppice:

--- Quote from: rsjsouza on May 29, 2022, 11:50:19 am ---Not as great of a picture (photogram of a short clip of mine), but a parallel association of four in a reel-to-reel quadraphonic deck is quite an analog beauty. Looking at a Reel-ro-reel in operation is also quite the sight - I am pretty sure you can find various Techmoan videos (this short clip of mine shows the aforementioned Akai in operation).

--- End quote ---
Its strange how many of those quadraphonic reel to reel machines were made without the simul-sync switches that Teac used to make their recorders great for semi-pro music recording. Most quadraphonic machines sold in tiny numbers, but the Teacs had that ace up their sleeve that gave them access to a much bigger market.

rsjsouza:

--- Quote from: coppice on May 29, 2022, 12:15:31 pm ---
--- Quote from: rsjsouza on May 29, 2022, 11:50:19 am ---Not as great of a picture (photogram of a short clip of mine), but a parallel association of four in a reel-to-reel quadraphonic deck is quite an analog beauty. Looking at a Reel-ro-reel in operation is also quite the sight - I am pretty sure you can find various Techmoan videos (this short clip of mine shows the aforementioned Akai in operation).

--- End quote ---
Its strange how many of those quadraphonic reel to reel machines were made without the simul-sync switches that Teac used to make their recorders great for semi-pro music recording. Most quadraphonic machines sold in tiny numbers, but the Teacs had that ace up their sleeve that gave them access to a much bigger market.

--- End quote ---
Coppice, thanks for the mention of Simul-sync - I had to look it up.

The GX-270D-SS has a similar feature but named Quadra-sync, which I recall let us do quite some interesting mixing, and even letting us play tracks in reverse to find out about those subliminal messages in popular music.

I recall that my dad had some ancient (for the time) mono tapes with four sides. Good times.

Bud:

--- Quote ---What's so cool about "analog"?
--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version