Electronics > Beginners

Which lead-free solder

(1/6) > >>

Medo:
I am switching from lead soldering to lead-free and first step is selecting a solder.
I narrowed my choice between 99C and 96SC lead-free solder:

* 96SC: http://hr.rsdelivers.com/product/multicore/442578/96sc-colophony-free-solder-05mm-250g/4364926.aspx
* 99C: http://hr.rsdelivers.com/product/multicore/442555/lead-free-solder-multicore99c-05mm-250g/4364825.aspx
Which one, in your experience, would be better and easier to solder with?

flolic:

--- Quote from: Medo on April 29, 2011, 08:36:52 am ---I am switching from lead soldering to lead-free and first step is selecting a solder.

--- End quote ---

Why, why, why!? But really?  ???
stvarno me zanima  ;D

mikeselectricstuff:
If you really must used leadfree, use the stuff with  2% silver. But if possible stick to leaded.

Medo:

--- Quote from: flolic on April 29, 2011, 08:50:47 am ---Why, why, why!? But really?  ???
stvarno me zanima  ;D

--- End quote ---
Why not? :)

There are two reasons really:

1. Health. Lead is not that good on hands and sometime I even hold wire with my mouth as I solder. It was either changing wire or my weird soldering style.

2. Lot of other components (if not all) are lead-free.  Why not switch all the way?

nadam se da je ovo dobar odgovor ;D

flolic:

--- Quote from: Medo on April 29, 2011, 10:53:07 am ---
There are two reasons really:

1. Health. Lead is not that good on hands and sometime I even hold wire with my mouth as I solder. It was either changing wire or my weird soldering style.

2. Lot of other components (if not all) are lead-free.  Why not switch all the way?

nadam se da je ovo dobar odgovor ;D

--- End quote ---

1. I agree that lead is not the best thing to put into you mouth, but you overreacting. Try to avoid chewing solder wire and you will be fine  :) Touching solder wire with your hands will have no ill effect on your health if you wash your hands after soldering.

2. Lead-free components solder just fine with lead based solder  ;)

You can try lead free if you want, but I'm quite sure that you'll be back to "poisonous" stuff soon  ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version