Electronics > Beginners

Why do I have three of these transistors(?)

(1/1)

Ed.Kloonk:
Hi.

I've been sorting out my parts draws and discovered in a compartment near the ordinary bc548 and bc558 transistors, were three TO-92 parts and I cannot identify nor recall what they are or why I would have acquired them.

There are three lines of characters, side on to the leads of the TO-92 package:

Top line: An icon, looks like a wavy "T" or perhaps a "Y", then "EC"
Middle line: "103B"
Bottom line "H1M"

I've hardly ever had the time to play with too many transistors, tbh, the only really the ones that have come with kits that I have bought. I built my parts draws twenty years ago and only very occasionally need to use them cos the kits satisfy all parts requirements, bar the odd resistor or capacitor.

So my question, what is this thing?

bilko:
Could be a BC108B with its print rubbed off

Ed.Kloonk:

--- Quote from: yachtronics on April 19, 2011, 12:00:32 am ---Could be a BC108B with its print rubbed off

--- End quote ---

Thanks for the reply.

I'm not sure for two reasons. The numbers are not damaged in any way. They are pristine, unused parts. The other reason is the BC108B seems to be in a TO-18 case.  :-\

bilko:
I've just googled it. It looks like its a EC103B SCR, see http://www.datasheetcatalog.com/datasheets_pdf/E/C/1/0/EC103B.shtml

Ed.Kloonk:
Hmm. That must be what it is then. I still have no idea why I have these.

Oh well. Case closed I guess. I'll apply the test circuit in the PDF to check and confirm.

Thanks yachtronics.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version