Author Topic: (AU-Sydney) Jaycar Warehouse Clearance Sale  (Read 695 times)

Offline Muttley SnickersTopic starter

• Supporter
  • Cursed: 679 times
(AU-Sydney) Jaycar Warehouse Clearance Sale
« on: May 19, 2022, 05:10:49 am »
For those located in Sydney NSW,  Jaycar are having another warehouse clearance sale. I have no affiliation and only just noticed it posted on Ozbargain.

https://www.ozbargain.com.au/node/700949

Offline Brumby

• Supporter
Re: (AU-Sydney) Jaycar Warehouse Clearance Sale
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2022, 04:36:43 pm »
I went there with a budget limit of $100.  I left $100 lighter.

Picked up one of those retro game console things with (apparently) 1600 single and multi player games on it.  Marked at $60, I offered $50 to go with the other purchase.  That was a pallet of 12 (well, actually 11 and a half) of those portable PA systems - $50 for the whole pallet.  (The "half" was just the main unit - it didn't have the packaging, microphone, charger, remote or batteries that it was originally supplied with.)

I had wondered what the 'catch' would be as these were customer return units.  Seeing that they were rechargeable with a SLA battery inside, I expected battery issues.  This was confirmed once I started breaking down the pallet and read a couple of the repair dockets.  One had a little bit of charge in the battery and worked long enough to tune in the radio. Another seemed to work OK off the charger

Will dive inside one to see what's what.

Tomorrow.

Offline Towger

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2022, 07:47:49 pm »
How did you hide a pallet of junk from herself?

Offline Brumby

• Supporter
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2022, 02:14:08 pm »
I didn't.  I did two loads (it all didn't fit in my car at once).  Half Saturday morning and half Sunday evening.  I relined part of the living room and cocooned my little corner with a dozen party speakers.

Aside from a comment or two, I did get "The Look".

Salvation is at hand, though.  She wants me to sell her one to give as a gift.  I am both happy and anxious.  They retail at $269 each and I have more than one which has all the accessories - but my reputation (and a part of my health) is on the line if anything goes wrong with it.

The thing is these have SLA batteries and I suspect these batteries have either been abused and/or were crap.  I would need to replace the battery and check the recharging.  Wouldn't mind switching over to a lithium ion battery pack, but I'd have to see about the recharging circuitry.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2022, 02:41:30 pm by Brumby »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf