Author Topic: (DE)WTB/LFS: "Compact" Desktop Devices with CRT screen and fold down keyboard  (Read 1309 times)

Offline NeepaTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
  • Mechanic by trade Electronics enthusiast by choice
HI,

im looking to source more or less any desktop format device with a green/amber CRT screen and a folddown keyboard. GPIB capability would be nice but isn't a must. So the old HP Protocol Analyzers or even Logic Analyzers or alike device would fit my needs quite nicely.

Price: ideally cheaper than ebay. I would even take broken or "unknown state" stuff (but with no shattered CRTs)

As a project I want to essentially create a desktop measurement equipment controller. An interface terminal for instruments so to speak in the same vein as the 9862 Equipment Controller. For that I need a time period correct physical shell.

So if you got anything collecting dust in your basemetn hit me up!
I live in the Hamburg area if pickup is a concern.
Turbojet Mechanic playing EE.

Offline fenugrec

• Regular Contributor
You are no doubt familiar with the HP model numbers, but one less known machine of that type is the Navtel 9440 / 9460, in case you had not seen those .  Sometimes they go for very cheap on ebay.

The following users thanked this post: Neepa

Offline Bicurico

• Super Contributor
    • VMA's Satellite Blog
Why not consider a french minitel terminal? They seem to fit your bill.

https://www.ebay.de/itm/226039127242

The following users thanked this post: Neepa

• Regular Contributor
You are no doubt familiar with the HP model numbers, but one less known machine of that type is the Navtel 9440 / 9460, in case you had not seen those .  Sometimes they go for very cheap on ebay.

Oh yeah those. Have seen them before but actually forgot their existence.

Not gonna lie that thing is cute. Not ginormously huge but with plenty of space inside to cram additional hardware inside as needed.

• Regular Contributor
Bought the very same offer you posted. Currently cleaning it and investigating how to hack into it.

Might not be a green CRT but for a probable prototype it is okay.

For anbody it may concern the Matra Minitel 1 has a Intel 8052AHJ running at just over 11MHz.

Offline Bicurico

• Super Contributor
    • VMA's Satellite Blog
Please send pictures!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf