Author Topic: [eBay] new DER EE DE-5000 w/ tweezers, etc, for cheap  (Read 12828 times)

Offline bitseeker

• Super Contributor
  • Lots of engineer-tweakable parts inside!
Re: [eBay] new DER EE DE-5000 w/ tweezers, etc, for cheap
« Reply #50 on: August 15, 2018, 09:00:09 pm »
Yep. Seems to pay off for the scammers. sigh
TEA is the way. | TEA Time channel

Offline exe

• Supporter
  • self-educated hobbyist
« Reply #51 on: August 15, 2018, 09:12:27 pm »
Yep. Seems to pay off for the scammers. sigh

Don't paypal hold money for a while after the purchase to protect buyers?

Online metrologist

• Super Contributor
« Reply #52 on: August 15, 2018, 09:19:17 pm »
How do you "call" ebay? They actually answer a phone?

Offline sn4k3

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #53 on: August 15, 2018, 10:11:36 pm »
Don't paypal hold money for a while after the purchase to protect buyers?

No, thats just if seller is new on paypal.
After some success transactions paypal release money instantly after a sell, still you able to open a dispute under the time

Offline bitseeker

• Super Contributor
« Reply #54 on: August 15, 2018, 10:17:44 pm »
How do you "call" ebay? They actually answer a phone?

Yep. https://www.ebay.com/help/call_us

You can also opt to have them call you, rather than stay on hold.

Offline rhb

• Super Contributor
« Reply #55 on: August 16, 2018, 12:11:47 am »
I just received mine from USPS. It's a small, flat bag with a poorly forged US 50 cent coin. I don't even know there is such a thing.
I guess I will have to discard this to prevent being sued for importing forged currency.

I got mine last week, but overlooked it until yesterday.  It's pretty funny, gold colored, with "LIBFRTY" on one side and "epluribusonum" on the other.  Legally I think we're supposed to turn them in to the authorities.  But I plan to keep mine as a novelty if the seller doesn't want me to ship it back.  In that case I'll turn it in to the cops and get a receipt.  In your case, I'd  wipe it off carefully, wrap it in toilet tissue and throw it in the trash away from your home or work.  I *think* if you mark it "counterfeit" it is legal to have it.  But the risk is not a lawsuit, but a criminal proceeding.  You definitely don't want that.

I tried to find someone selling them on Alibaba.com, but did not find an exact  match.  If you have small hands they are a good size for coin tricks.  I did see a set of 4 "silver" and two "gold" coins but with different dates and better workmanship.  But still obviously fake if you're familiar with the real thing.  But for someone in China a safe "silver into gold" trick coin set very appropriately sized for an adolescent magician.

I tried learning coin tricks when I was 13 or 14, but it's really hard work.  You really have to put a lot of time into it.  I preferred escapes which I got really good at.  At 15 I could do the "Siberian Transport Chain" trick so fast that with 3-4 people surrounding me they couldn't figure it out.  After they had locked me up, I'd spin on one heel and drop the chain on the floor.  I repeated it several times before they finally gave up trying to figure it out.  I also did the "100 ft of rope" escape.  Though you can't have people watching while you do that one.

The following users thanked this post: blueskull

Online metrologist

• Super Contributor
« Reply #56 on: August 16, 2018, 02:39:26 pm »
I wanna see it... both sides. :popcorn:

Offline rhb

• Super Contributor
« Reply #57 on: August 16, 2018, 04:35:39 pm »
The "milling" does not extend across the entire edge.  I tried posting it next to a real coin, but the file was too large and Dave would not let me do it.

Online metrologist

• Super Contributor
« Reply #58 on: August 16, 2018, 04:44:48 pm »
Lol, that's better than I was expecting. I bet you could spend it!

Offline rhb

• Super Contributor
« Reply #59 on: August 16, 2018, 08:23:32 pm »
Not even if I offered it to a blind person.  I think it's part of a child's magic set.    I think it's being done as a way to borrow money for short terms at low cost.

If the seller falsely sold 100 units, after expenses he'd have about $4000 which he could use to start a legitimate operation under a different name.  I'm sure they do something similar on Wall Street all the time.

Offline bitseeker

• Super Contributor
« Reply #60 on: August 17, 2018, 02:53:31 am »
Not even if I offered it to a blind person.

Wow, that's a pretty poor counterfeit job. It's been a long time since I've seen a 50-cent piece in circulation, but I could instantly tell that Kennedy's profile was wrong. Then you see the funky eagle leg, the incorrectly rotated lettering, etc. :palm:

I've seen similarly poor manufacturing in some Kickstarter projects where the project owners have to reject the prototypes multiple times before they're done mostly correctly.

Offline coromonadalix

• Super Contributor
« Reply #61 on: October 14, 2018, 12:27:05 pm »
Once again we have DE-5000 for 12$ usd 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/DER-EE-DE-5000-High-Accuracy-Handheld-LCR-Meter-w-TL-21-TL-22-New-F-S-Tracking/263985903340

Bought Two of them to see where it goes  lolll   seems all fishy when you see all his items for sale at very low prices ???  and the left quantity nerver go down (perpetual qty loll), there was a few bought items after my purchase loll

Nextion display 12$  usually in the 80$ usd, mach 3 cnc interface, tft view meter ...   

Well Ebay is there for your protection  pffffffff  loll
« Last Edit: October 14, 2018, 12:33:31 pm by coromonadalix »

Offline Beamin

• Super Contributor
  • If you think my Boobs are big you should see my ba
« Reply #62 on: October 14, 2018, 02:26:09 pm »
Yes ebay does have phone support they are located over seas and some of the people will just fight with you like its their money. IF this happens don't argue for more then a minute just hang up and call right back to get another person. I bought a 12.00$ beofung from a seller with a lot of positive feedback back but I was pretty sure it was a scam but bet on getting my money back if it was. 30 days which is how long the last one took (that one was 39.00 free shipping, so if it was a return maybe 12.00 was doable) to get and no radio I sent one email didn't hear back so immediately called ebay to get my money back.

First rep says you only have 30 days to dispute and its been 40. So I tell her had she ever used ebay before she clearly had not, that's how long it takes from china. She keeps fighting for 15 minutes, saying it's paypals fault then when I told her paypal is ebay she said call my bank they will give you the money back. I told her that's not how it works in America and the bank isn't an insurance policy for Chinese scammers when the money went from my bank accont into a paypal/ebay a US held company. I was getting ridiculous. I just said "Look up this account in the last week all their feedback turned from positive into negatives and every person says its a scam for the same radio, Ebay needs to catch this, ITS 12 FUCKING DOLLARS EBAY HAS BILLIONS JUST REFUND IT!!!!" So she wouldn't refund, I got the manager and got my money back after about a minute. So lesson is if they give you a hard time just get another person.

Remember ebay makes money off the scam too and they lose a lot if that person cashed out their paypal. I'm sure reps are told or given rewards for lowest number of refunds given how hard that first lady fought me. I'm sure through no fault of her own that $12 is probably a whole days pay, but not to ebay it's not.

I wonder if that fake coin says LIBFRTY on purpose so it's not seen as counterfeit but then again its so close to real money the secret service would want a look at it. If you get caught in the US with counterfeit money you have to give it to the police lose the value of it, and the secret service wants to know your info and you have to tell them where you got it from or all the places you shopped since you got it. When you see fake notes on the walls at the store behind the register technically that's illegal and they are supposed to turn it in.

But I have also seen Chinese things that could have got away with making their product look real if they just spent five minutes on google. Seems strange to put in all that effort but undermine it by not doing the last step. Like fake chips where they get the part number wrong or leave "Operator: J doe" on the packaging.

Why did they send anything in the envelope at all? Send a fake coin and now you have counterfeit currency which is much worse then counterfeit goods, 50 cents doesn't exactly = $60.00, you could have made money selling the coins as magic trick coins or something. You also can't say "we made a mistake and sent the wrong item". I often wonder if its not laziness but sheer stupidity hence why they don't have a real business.
Max characters: 300; characters remaining: 191
Images in your signature must be no greater than 500x25 pixels

Offline chekhov

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #63 on: October 14, 2018, 02:47:34 pm »
Once again we have DE-5000 for 12$ usd 

From item's description:
Beware of counterfeit items sold on eBay
  :-DD  :-+

Offline precaudTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
    • LinearZ
« Reply #64 on: October 14, 2018, 02:56:17 pm »
From item's description:
Beware of counterfeit items sold on eBay
  :-DD  :-+

Yeah I saw that too. No mention of fraudulent ones that don't exist...

Offline coromonadalix

• Super Contributor
« Reply #65 on: October 14, 2018, 03:22:29 pm »
I'll go up to 30 days to see what it will give me ... 8 items bought after me ... was and still 5 items left ...

sure : 100% GENUINE PRODUCTS, Beware of counterfeit items sold on eBay

But you may end with nothing loll   100% still genuine  loll

The following users thanked this post: Mr. Scram

Offline coromonadalix

• Super Contributor
« Reply #66 on: October 14, 2018, 04:15:40 pm »
well received this :

We had to remove this listing from the site and you're not required to complete the transaction. If you've already sent payment, the sale should process as normal and you don't have anything to worry about. If you have any questions about delivery, please check tracking or contact your seller. If you run into any trouble along the way eBay is here to help. Please visit the Resolution Center to help resolve any problems you may encounter.

Online PA0PBZ

• Super Contributor
« Reply #67 on: October 14, 2018, 06:50:07 pm »
well received this :

We had to remove this listing from the site and you're not required to complete the transaction. If you've already sent payment, the sale should process as normal and you don't have anything to worry about. If you have any questions about delivery, please check tracking or contact your seller. If you run into any trouble along the way eBay is here to help. Please visit the Resolution Center to help resolve any problems you may encounter.

Interesting, your link still works only now the price is USD 104
Keyboard error: Press F1 to continue.

Offline coromonadalix

• Super Contributor
« Reply #68 on: October 14, 2018, 07:41:08 pm »
Ebay switched to another seller,  the fun is :  try to contact ebay to cancell your purchase an Ebay says  you did not buy the thing .... when the sell items where removed its like they never existed in ebay, and youre stuck with nothing to call ebay or make an complain to an fraudulent sell

And now i have to rely to the ''ebay purchase protection'', a real joke,  have to wait and go thru the delays ...

Offline Mr. Scram

• Super Contributor
  • Display aficionado
« Reply #69 on: October 14, 2018, 11:00:27 pm »
Ebay switched to another seller,  the fun is :  try to contact ebay to cancell your purchase an Ebay says  you did not buy the thing .... when the sell items where removed its like they never existed in ebay, and youre stuck with nothing to call ebay or make an complain to an fraudulent sell

And now i have to rely to the ''ebay purchase protection'', a real joke,  have to wait and go thru the delays ...
I guess that's the price of admission when you try your luck on one of these "too good to be true" deals.

Chances are eBay is stuck with the bill after the scammer ran off with your money. One could argue that responding to deals like these is encouraging scammers, as they might make off with some of the money.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2018, 02:25:58 am by Mr. Scram »

Online PlainName

• Super Contributor
« Reply #70 on: October 15, 2018, 02:22:13 am »
And now i have to rely to the ''ebay purchase protection'', a real joke

Ebay buyer protection is fine and works well. But you have to follow the steps in the right order and let it happen in the right way. It's not something you can invoke on a whim because you're bored of waiting after deliberately abusing it.

The following users thanked this post: Mr. Scram

Offline tsman

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #71 on: October 15, 2018, 02:22:57 pm »
Is the nearly zero chance of getting an item for a low cost on an obviously fraudulent auction worth all the downsides? You need to spend time getting your money back and even though you'll be refunded from eBay/Paypal, you're still helping the seller get their money for a fraudulent auction. You're also giving your details to a scammer so you may end up as a target of brushing or worse.

Offline coromonadalix

• Super Contributor
« Reply #72 on: October 15, 2018, 08:17:16 pm »
Update 

Something has been shipped, is it my 2x ordered de-5000  loll

Offline bitseeker

• Super Contributor
« Reply #73 on: October 16, 2018, 04:06:20 am »
Maybe counterfeit quarters (cost-cutting measure :-DD).

Offline coromonadalix

• Super Contributor
« Reply #74 on: October 16, 2018, 08:20:52 pm »
And the seller oirqwv-4  dissapeared loll

Ebay removed it. 

@tsman   you're right

And the irritation is : you wont be able to give bad feedback to the seller user name,  Surely get back under a new name

My purchase became invisible in the purchase history ??  WTF :(

But i've take screenshots  loll managed to request refund before he dissapeared,  Ebay will ventually step in  .... and once again we loose time and patience thru the Ebay system

And yeah i was too fast to buy it   |O  :palm:
« Last Edit: October 16, 2018, 11:02:27 pm by coromonadalix »

The following users thanked this post: PTR_1275

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf