Author Topic: SOLD (EU): Keysight/Agilent DSOX3034A Oscilloscope  (Read 2620 times)

Offline bozidarmsTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
SOLD (EU): Keysight/Agilent DSOX3034A Oscilloscope
« on: December 11, 2022, 11:00:55 pm »
I have Keysight DSOX3034A 350 MHz 4 Channel Oscilloscope for sale.

This unit is from a recent production and is:
-full functional
-pass all self tests
-have no scratches, blemishes or stains on the displays
-have original installed licenses: MEMUP, AUTO, SGM, EDK, WAVEGEN, ADVMATH, DVM, RML

These units are desirable because they can be unlocked to 500MHz with all options - serial protocol decode and triggering (MSO) too. The 3034A 350mhz oscilloscope shares the same mainboard as the 3054A 500MHz oscilloscope. There are forum threads about the procedure.
Scope have stock 2.43 firmware, unhacked.

Shipping or personal pick up in Austria or Slovenia!

Currently, these units are selling for about 12000 Euro/$ (plus VAT):
https://www.keysight.com/at/de/product/DSOX3034A/oscilloscope-350-mhz-4-channels.html
https://www.meilhaus.de/dsox3000a.htm?b2b=0
https://www.alliedelec.com/test-measurement/oscilloscopes/?a10=Keysight%20Technologies&n8471=350%20MHz&pg=1
https://www.testequity.com/product/18520-1-DSOX3034A
https://www.elfa.se/en/oscilloscope-4x-350mhz-4gsps-keysight-dsox3034a/p/17623264
https://www.datatec.eu/keysight-dsox3034a-oszilloskop
https://www.amplicon.com/products/keysight-3000-x/96102725-infiniivision-dsox3034a/
https://www.tequipment.net/Keysight/DSOX3034A/Digital-Oscilloscopes/#description
https://www.mouser.at/ProductDetail/Keysight/DSOX3034A?qs=PzGy0jfpSMurE8yxGMZkgg%3D%3D
https://de.rs-online.com/web/p/oszilloskope/7250448
https://uk.farnell.com/keysight-technologies/dsox3034a/oscilloscope-4ch-350mhz-4gsps/dp/1859750

NEW PRICE - 2100 Euro - i am open to offers.

Included are 3 high quality Agilent 10073C 500MHz probes!

Thanks and feel free to ask any questions.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2023, 03:57:14 pm by bozidarms »

• Regular Contributor
Re: FS (EU): Keysight/Agilent DSOX3034A Oscilloscope
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2022, 07:56:27 pm »
Actually, there is no need to hide a serial number, so i added a new image - with "Watermark" to clear up any possible confusion!

Is price maybe too high? I don`t know, so let me know your price.

Offline HighVoltage

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2022, 03:44:08 pm »
Looks like a nice scope in good condition.

Based on your pictures, the Serial Number is: MY52163895
Based on Keysight's warranty website it has a Shipped Date: 16.8.2012, so not what I would consider a recent production and more than 10 years old !

For such an old scope, your price might be too high.
There are 3 kinds of people in this world, those who can count and those who can not.

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2022, 06:17:19 am »
I have give info about Production further exactly so as i been told.
Anyways, oscilloscope is in deed in excellent condition - there is no marks of any sign of use!
As a said before, i am not sure in price-point so any suggestion is highly welcome :-+.
NEW PRICE - 2100 Euro!
« Last Edit: December 17, 2022, 06:37:16 am by bozidarms »

Offline HighVoltage

• Super Contributor
Re: FS (EU): Keysight/Agilent DSOX3034A Oscilloscope NEW PRICE
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2022, 09:14:35 am »
So, most likely this scope was exchanged at Keysight under warranty. Because at it's original shipping date, Keysight was not even formed and it must have had an Agilent label.

At this price point you should be able to sell it.
There are 3 kinds of people in this world, those who can count and those who can not.

• Regular Contributor
Re: FS (EU): Keysight/Agilent DSOX3034A Oscilloscope (RESERVED)
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2022, 06:22:44 pm »
RESERVED

Offline Trader

• Frequent Contributor
  • !
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2023, 04:46:41 pm »
It's so annoying and unpolite when you post an instrument in perfect condition, with upgrades in the probes, etc, and there are people that are not going to buy it, just write to complain about your price.

Other person's price isn't your business. If it's cheap will sell fast, if it's expensive will take a long or never sell, so the person can adjust the price by himself.

This is because is preferable to sell on eBay or Facebook Marketplace.

The following users thanked this post: pope

Offline Trader

• Frequent Contributor
  • !
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2023, 04:55:01 pm »
On eBay the prices range from US$4k to US$7K

Since you are including many options and excellent probes.  I think you could sell it for at least 5K.

Offline voltsandjolts

• Supporter
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2023, 06:30:22 pm »
It's so annoying and unpolite when you post an instrument in perfect condition, with upgrades in the probes, etc, and there are people that are not going to buy it, just write to complain about your price.

Other person's price isn't your business. If it's cheap will sell fast, if it's expensive will take a long or never sell, so the person can adjust the price by himself.

I disagree.

Honest sellers should not be perturbed by the interventions of knowledgeable third parties, only those who seek to sell at an elevated price (a.k.a. rip off merchants) need be concerned. I am sure any buyer here would be appreciative of third party technical advice before making an expensive purchase. Would you also ban people from having a third party mechanic assess a vehicle before purchasing?

The following users thanked this post: zrq

Offline Trader

• Frequent Contributor
  • !
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2023, 07:10:08 pm »
The person is SELLING a product, NOT ASKING for price hints. The post is open for QUESTIONS about the product, and Price negotiations are by Private msg and only for people with an interest in buying.

Only the owner knows how much his stuff is worth, this scope with all plugins costs a LOT MORE Everywhere and those high-quality probes add more to the final value.

What you are saying is a "GANG" attitude, a person goes there to depreciate his product and make him decrease the price.  People here are looking to rape the sellers.

What about if I go to ALL posts here and say "your price is high, on this site I can find another one cheaper", do you really believe that this is a respectful attitude?

Offline Trader

• Frequent Contributor
  • !
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2023, 07:15:53 pm »
Ok, so, let's play your game about "interventions of knowledgeable third parties".

To my knowledge, this product should cost More than US$5K.

@bozidarms should update the price to this $5K fair value (or More) and keep the price firm.

Offline HighVoltage

• Super Contributor
« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2023, 07:47:21 pm »
The person is SELLING a product, NOT ASKING for price hints. The post is open for QUESTIONS about the product, and Price negotiations are by Private msg and only for people with an interest in buying.

Only the owner knows how much his stuff is worth, this scope with all plugins costs a LOT MORE Everywhere and those high-quality probes add more to the final value.

What you are saying is a "GANG" attitude, a person goes there to depreciate his product and make him decrease the price.  People here are looking to rape the sellers.

What about if I go to ALL posts here and say "your price is high, on this site I can find another one cheaper", do you really believe that this is a respectful attitude?

@Trader
Are you attacking me for what I have posted in this thread, do I understand this right?

Sure the OP/seller asked for advise, see here...

Is price maybe too high? I don`t know, so let me know your price.

The following users thanked this post: edavid

Offline jogri

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2023, 07:52:28 pm »
Err you can't just pull up active ebay listings and think that that's what something is worth. For example, if i search for a Keithley 2000 (or other bog standard 6.5 digit DMM) most of the offers are around 650-1400 USD. Is it worth that? Hell no, those things go for 400.

The stuff that's currently available on ebay is what HAS NOT been sold. If you want to get an indication of what something is worth click the little "Sold & Completed Items" button. If you do that you'll find that a few 3034A and 3054As have been sold for 2-3k USD, so that offer is definitely in the correct range. Correct for the price in € and subtract the ebay fees of a few hundred bucks and you end up at the 2-2.4k € pricepoint.

As someone who has sold and bought quite a bit of stuff here i can tell you that it's a mixed bag, you either get lucky and someone is willing to pay quite a premium for instruments with a better than average chance of working or you don't sell stuff at all, even if you are offering it for less than they sell on ebay.

To say it in your own words:
If it's cheap will sell fast, if it's expensive will take a long or never sell, so the person can adjust the price by himself.
If the first asking price of 2.something k€ was extremely cheap and way below market value (in your opinion), why didn't it sell instantly?

Offline Trader

• Frequent Contributor
  • !
« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2023, 08:08:45 pm »
The product is worth what the Seller and the Buyer think it's worth. These eBay prices must add the Tax (~ +10%) and the Delivery to Europe.

MY ("MY", not yours, but MY, ok?) evaluation is that for this bundle in Europe, the price should be at least 5K.  PERIOD. This is MY opinion and I know much better than you how eBay or any marketplace works.

The current price is SO LOW that was "Reserved" in just two weeks, this is RAPE!

A recommendation to anyone: Never ask others how much your stuff is worth, mainly here in this blog, they will depreciate your stuff a lot.

A while ago a "Super Contributor" told me that my Like-New Fluke 289 should cost $100 !!!  Guess what?  I said, "ok, go ahead and buy elsewhere, my price is firm", I easily sold it on eBay for 5.5x that value.

« Last Edit: January 03, 2023, 08:17:51 pm by Trader »

Offline coromonadalix

• Super Contributor
« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2023, 11:42:43 pm »

I disagree.

Honest sellers should not be perturbed by the interventions of knowledgeable third parties, only those who seek to sell at an elevated price (a.k.a. rip off merchants) need be concerned. I am sure any buyer here would be appreciative of third party technical advice before making an expensive purchase. Would you also ban people from having a third party mechanic assess a vehicle before purchasing?

Same tought here, and sometime the seller can learn a few things, like searching for a serial number history  ... or do some home work  to have some price range(s)

I dont think there was any written or used offensive language ...

If the seller is satisfied with his reserved / offered price .... i have nothing more to add

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2023, 08:50:23 pm »
Thanks for all your comments.
I just wonted to sell a scope at a fair price.
If i offended someone, my apologies.

• Regular Contributor
As the potential buyer gave up, announcement active again!

• Regular Contributor
Re: SOLD (EU): Keysight/Agilent DSOX3034A Oscilloscope
« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2023, 04:13:10 pm »
SOLD

The following users thanked this post: danielbriggs

Offline danielbriggs

• Regular Contributor
Re: SOLD (EU): Keysight/Agilent DSOX3034A Oscilloscope
« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2023, 09:03:03 pm »
Many thanks indeed to Bozidar for being an excellent seller with this scope.
The scope arrived promptly, very very well packaged. And Austrian postal service did a very fast job for low shipping costs.
With emails back and too to arrange the sale, Bozidar is a great guy and trustful.

Thanks again!  :-/O :-DMM
« Last Edit: January 19, 2023, 09:07:58 pm by danielbriggs »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf