Author Topic: [UK] Philips/Fluke PM3335 60MHz 20MS/S Oscillocope, how much?  (Read 5902 times)

Offline mianchenTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
[UK] Philips/Fluke PM3335 60MHz 20MS/S Oscillocope, how much?
« on: September 20, 2012, 07:41:50 am »
I've got hold of a PM3335 digital scope with original service manual, but no probes. In perfect working condition. I've already got a Rigol 1102E and a Hameg HM504-2 (and a couple of dead ones) - more than what I need for hobbyist need. So I'm planning to put it on eBay with BIN option. Any idea how much is it worth? £50? It's rather heavy so postage is gonna be a pita.

eBay auction: #230850017092 same scope, £51 highest bid atm...

This one has some minor problems with switches and knobs, my one is perfectly fine. A little bit noisy when turned on, but I believe it can be mended with cleaning/replacing the fan.

I'm not offering to sell it here cuz I think most of us here won't be interested in an old digital scope?

Cheers.

some pics inside (not a full tear down ofc, there are a lot more boards)...

Offline tinhead

• Super Contributor
    • If you like my hacks, send me a donation
Re: [UK] Philips/Fluke PM3335 60MHz 20MS/S Oscillocope, how much?
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2012, 08:50:43 am »
the 20MS/s does not matter anything as this scope have also analog mode with 60MHz bandwidth,
the digital mode is also only bonus. So yes, £50 should be fair (when you check ebay, 2 sold, each ~70£ )
I don't want to be human! I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter ...
I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me.

Offline grumpydoc

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2012, 09:29:07 am »
£50 at the moment doesn't mean much, I'd expect it to go up at least some in the closing moments of the auction. Sometimes decent 'scopes can double or treble the highest bid in the last 2 minutes.

A PM3335 in good condition ought to fetch more than £100, maybe even £150 - obviously whether it does on ebay depends very much on which way the wind is blowing, it's a very fickle market place!

Postage, i.e Royal Mail is going to be very expensive but booking a courier won't be too bad. Use a broker site such as Interparcel and you should get change out of £15 to send most places in the UK.

I'd say £100 would be fair as a BIN price, if you are prepared to wait a couple of weeks for it to sell.

Edit: Another 'scope to use for price comparisons is the PM3055 which is close to the analogue only version of this 'scope. One sold on ebay for £99 recently (though inclusive of postage) - it wasn't exactly in "pristine" condition though.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2012, 09:34:32 am by grumpydoc »

Offline Stephen Hill

• Regular Contributor
  • M3VXY
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2012, 10:39:08 am »
Hi Mianchen,

I'd actually be interested in buying this scope from you. I'm looking to buy my first scope and I am currently watching the one you linked to. I want to use the scope for simple analog circuits and maybe a couple of digital ones too (although I have my OLS for that).

If you're still willing to sell the scope for £50 exc postage then I think you might have a deal.

Also, I live in Lancashire so if you're near me I might be able to pick it up.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Cheers
Stephen

Offline mianchenTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2012, 07:41:41 am »
Thanks @grumpydoc and @tinhead for the advice.

@Stephen
sorry mate, I was just 'planning' to sell it, which I will do eventually when I have a bit of time but not now. Packaging and posting it safely seem to be such a big hassle at the moment when there're 2 million things going on in my life. I'd probably do that slowly when I do have some spare time. Will post the listing here for anyone who's interested (ps. I'm at least 3-4 hour drive from Lancashire :<)

Offline Stephen Hill

• Regular Contributor
  • M3VXY
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2012, 08:23:18 pm »
Hi Mianchen,

No worries. Let me know when your ready to sell as I'm still very interested.

Many Thanks
Stephen

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf