Author Topic: [Wanted] Affordable desoldering pump station  (Read 1903 times)

Offline VEGETATopic starter

• Super Contributor
  • I am the cult of personality
    • Thundertronics
[Wanted] Affordable desoldering pump station
« on: March 09, 2023, 09:43:39 am »
Hello,

I need good desoldering pump station (vacuum), but need it to be affordable, preferably below 100$. I appreciate if someone has one he doesn't need and I can pay minimal price + shipping. I open to suggestions.

I see lots of stuff on ebay and amazon but not really knowledgeable if they are good or not.

My usage is very minimal, so no "heavy duty" required. I just need it to suck the solder very well from small through hole vias.

best regards

Online AVGresponding

• Super Contributor
  • Exploring Rabbit Holes Since The 1970s
Re: [Wanted] Affordable desoldering pump station
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2023, 07:09:09 am »
I use a Duratool D00672, I know a few others do too. That should be just about within your budget, especially if you find a used one.
nuqDaq yuch Dapol?
Addiction count: Agilent-AVO-BlackStar-Brymen-Chauvin Arnoux-Fluke-GenRad-Hameg-HP-Keithley-IsoTech-Mastech-Megger-Metrix-Micronta-Racal-RFL-Siglent-Solartron-Tektronix-Thurlby-Time Electronics-TTi-UniT

• Super Contributor
    • Thundertronics
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2023, 11:13:20 am »
I use a Duratool D00672, I know a few others do too. That should be just about within your budget, especially if you find a used one.

I found this one on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/Digital-Desoldering-Station-Anesty-Professional/dp/B07542D82F/

it seems equivalent to the one you posted.

I am in Jordan so I need something on amazon at best, or maybe other places like ebay but certainly prefer amazon since they deal with customs and local delivery automatically.

I was hoping anyone here can sell his used station for cheap if he didn't need it, any good model will work.

Online AVGresponding

• Super Contributor
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2023, 01:30:28 pm »

I found this one on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/Digital-Desoldering-Station-Anesty-Professional/dp/B07542D82F/

it seems equivalent to the one you posted.

I am in Jordan so I need something on amazon at best, or maybe other places like ebay but certainly prefer amazon since they deal with customs and local delivery automatically.

I was hoping anyone here can sell his used station for cheap if he didn't need it, any good model will work.

Yep, that's the same, they get rebadged with lots of different names. A good quality manual one together with some desolder braid might be a better choice, in the short term.

idk if these are any good, but it seems to be a copy of a Edsyn/Soldapult, Amazon or ebay should protect your money if it's garbage:  https://www.amazon.co.uk/sourcingmap%C2%AE-Desoldering-Soldering-Desolver-Removal/dp/B012TAJKVS

This one looks genuine:  https://www.ebay.co.uk/p/673421665
nuqDaq yuch Dapol?
Addiction count: Agilent-AVO-BlackStar-Brymen-Chauvin Arnoux-Fluke-GenRad-Hameg-HP-Keithley-IsoTech-Mastech-Megger-Metrix-Micronta-Racal-RFL-Siglent-Solartron-Tektronix-Thurlby-Time Electronics-TTi-UniT

Offline Black Phoenix

• Super Contributor
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2023, 06:49:09 pm »
Another good one is the Engineer SS-02 - https://www.amazon.com/Engineer-SS-02-Solder-Sucker/dp/B002MJMXD4

This is the one I use and the difference is that the tip is basically a piece of silicone tube who is replaceable (a small length of tube is provided with the pump to be cut to size) and by being silicone it can be very close to the iron tip, to the point it almost doesn't leave any gap between the PCB surface and the solder to be sucked, decreasing the lost of suction of the normal pumps.

• Super Contributor
    • Thundertronics
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2023, 07:20:20 pm »
i have a nice manual one but i really want an electrical pump one.

all braid i have is bad, doubt any good one available here.

Offline james_s

• Super Contributor
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2023, 07:24:54 pm »

Dip your braid in liquid flux and it will vastly improve the performance. Still no substitute for a vacuum desoldering tool but it's useful to have around.

• Super Contributor
    • Thundertronics
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2023, 08:13:51 pm »

Dip your braid in liquid flux and it will vastly improve the performance. Still no substitute for a vacuum desoldering tool but it's useful to have around.

yes this helps for sure but for me now i want the best option which is vacuum elec. pump station as mentioned above.

nearly all of my previous desoldering experiences were not good because of such tools and I feel now is the time for upgrade.

I the zd915 one mentioned above is the best choice for me unless someone here offers a used one which is cheaper, or a better brand name one for similar price.

Online AVGresponding

• Super Contributor
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2023, 10:23:10 pm »
I fear shipping to your location would prove usurious at best, unless from a neighbouring country
nuqDaq yuch Dapol?

Offline PlainName

• Super Contributor
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2023, 10:39:29 pm »
now i want the best option which is vacuum elec. pump station as mentioned above

As a counter to the nay-sayers above, I think you're on the right track. I have an electric sucker (denon 7000Z) and the first thing I'd do if that broke is order another (probably a cheaper brand, but definitely fast shipping). The advantages over the manual suckers include no recoil, only needing one hand to do the work, leaving the other free to hold the board, perfect job pretty much every time. Downsides include the tube getting clogged, but you learn how to minimise that and it's not that difficult to clear. Oh, and waiting for the thing to warm up before you can use it.

I had a badged version of the one you're looking at. It's not the best but it does the job. I disliked the connecting tube and wires, although other people prefer not to have everything in the handpiece. With the separate handpiece, at least you can replace that relatively cheaply if necessary (or have a couple with different sized pointy bits).

• Super Contributor
    • Thundertronics
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2023, 11:58:22 pm »
I fear shipping to your location would prove usurious at best, unless from a neighbouring country

if the thing is free (giveaway) or cheap, even not-so-cheap shipping will be ok. I get packages from all over the world all the time with reasonable shipping prices. Fedex is very cheap for example.

I had a badged version of the one you're looking at. It's not the best but it does the job. I disliked the connecting tube and wires, although other people prefer not to have everything in the handpiece. With the separate handpiece, at least you can replace that relatively cheaply if necessary (or have a couple with different sized pointy bits).

you have a used version of ZD-915 or Denon 7000Z? is it fully functional or what exactly?

then kindly specify if you want to sell it or so.

thanks

Offline PlainName

• Super Contributor
« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2023, 12:23:30 am »
Used to have a ZD-915 clone but sold it when I got the Denon. I am taking the Denon to the grave, sorry :)

The following users thanked this post: Finderbinder

Offline Finderbinder

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2023, 11:33:29 am »
... I am taking the Denon to the grave, sorry :)

I completely agree with you  :-+

• Super Contributor
    • Thundertronics
« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2023, 11:59:56 am »
Used to have a ZD-915 clone but sold it when I got the Denon. I am taking the Denon to the grave, sorry :)

hhh yes I can totally understand, you should keep your nice tools with you.

I am gonna wait maybe someone else does not need one of his tools anymore, which I can buy.

anyway, it is the first time i know the denon brand. it is japanese and looks like top quality like hakko ones.

• Super Contributor
    • Thundertronics
« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2023, 06:49:50 am »
so no one can offer any used gear for free or cheap?

looks like zd-915 from amazon is the way to go for now. but i cannot find any 220v AC version for any of the models in amazon.

• Super Contributor
    • Thundertronics
« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2023, 08:21:39 am »
i couldn't find a good amazon listing for 220v version, thus got this suggestion:

220v to 110v converter: https://www.amazon.com/ELC-Voltage-Converter-Transformer-Compact/dp/B07D92L9Z8/
ZD-915: https://www.amazon.com/Digital-Desoldering-Station-Anesty-Professional/dp/B07542D82F/

ZD-915 seems currently unavailable, so I found this as alternative:

https://www.amazon.com/YIHUA-Desoldering-Station-Soldering-Iron-dp-B07RTXCHGV/dp/B07RTXCHGV/

what do you think?

Online AVGresponding

• Super Contributor
« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2023, 09:59:19 am »
Check earthing and power connections internally CAREFULLY before using one of these. It's not unknown for earthing to be non-existent, and for phase and neutral to be the wrong way around. Other than that, they are generally usable, from what I understand.
nuqDaq yuch Dapol?

• Super Contributor
    • Thundertronics
« Reply #17 on: April 02, 2023, 11:35:57 am »
Check earthing and power connections internally CAREFULLY before using one of these. It's not unknown for earthing to be non-existent, and for phase and neutral to be the wrong way around. Other than that, they are generally usable, from what I understand.

you mean ZD-915 or the converter?

I really searched amazon but couldn't find 220v versions which is surprising to me since most stuff I find in electronics can handle 220v.

I previously bought a mini portable soldering station from aliexpress some years ago and it is very nice, didn't know anything about its grounding.

Offline alm

• Super Contributor
« Reply #18 on: April 02, 2023, 07:08:39 pm »
Amazon.com is targeted at the US market, so naturally they'll sell 115V units. Have you checked Amazon from 230V countries, like Germany, France, UK, etc? This is assuming a 230V version exists.

Online AVGresponding

• Super Contributor
« Reply #19 on: April 03, 2023, 05:46:12 pm »

you mean ZD-915 or the converter?

I really searched amazon but couldn't find 220v versions which is surprising to me since most stuff I find in electronics can handle 220v.

I previously bought a mini portable soldering station from aliexpress some years ago and it is very nice, didn't know anything about its grounding.

Quite a lot of the cheaper stuff, mostly from China, can have rather sketchy power wiring.

I seem to remember Yihua being mentioned in connection with this sort of fault, in the forum before.
nuqDaq yuch Dapol?

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf