Author Topic: WTB/WTT [US] Logic Analyzer and/or J-Link(not mini) 60-80$ or trade for a server  (Read 932 times)

Offline Xenador77Topic starter

• Seeking remote work (anything within reason)
    • Xenador77's GitHub
Like the subject line says I want to buy a decent logic analyzer and/or a J-link (except the mini as it is too limited)
My budget is 60-80$ and I don't want to waste money on some 20$ imitation of either of the above from china that has a sticker on it to make it appear to be a mainstream device, I have one, it was disappointing...
I'm hoping someone has an old HP benchtop logic analyzer or something similar that is gathering dust and that they are willing to sell, I'm willing to pay shipping from anywhere in the continental united states (within reason) to my residence in Cumming Ga
I also have a 8th gen HP Proliant DL360e server, a Dell Poweredge R515 server, and/or a Dell R710 server that I would happily trade for a good logic analyzer

*Nothing against china or cheap devices I generally love them
« Last Edit: April 13, 2022, 09:13:48 am by Xenador77 »

Offline thm_w

• Super Contributor
  • Non-expert
What was your problem with the clone jlink, I have a clone v9 and genuine jlink and no major issues. Cost more than $20 though.
Profile -> Modify profile -> Look and Layout ->  Don't show users' signatures

• Xenador77's GitHub
Not disparaging the clone at all, still useful just seems to be hit or miss, it either works flawlessly like the real one would or it doesn't work at all with no explanation as to why. I assume it's the proprietary encryption handshake type thing that checks to see if the board is legit or blacklisted etc. I can't check to see if it is really a hardware problem with the clone since almost everything on the PCB is potted and/or scraped clean of any recognizable markings.
Mini-rant aside, I am trying to learn enough to use my Upduino V3 (ice40 FPGA dev board) as a debugger and this just bumps that up the priority list

Offline thm_w

• Super Contributor
  • Non-expert
The clones I've seen and purchased are not potted in any way, and use the same microcontroller as the original.
Its mentioned in another thread but basically a combination of the serial number and HW version determines its legitimacy. Jlink software will pop up saying its a clone but continue to function normally.

Profile -> Modify profile -> Look and Layout ->  Don't show users' signatures

Offline Ground_Loop

• Frequent Contributor
I'm south of Atlanta near Fayetteville. I have a HP 16702 gathering dust you might be interested in.  It has 8 16 channel inputs and all the necessary cables/connectors. I can get a few pics out when I'm back in town this weekend. Let me know.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2022, 12:34:43 pm by Ground_Loop »
There's no point getting old if you don't have stories.

The following users thanked this post: Xenador77

• Xenador77's GitHub
Not sure how I missed your reply, do you still have the HP 16702?
If so (and if you are still willing to part with it) I'm definitely interested depending on the price and/or if you would be interested in accepting payment via trading for any of the servers/switches/cisco routers/dev boards etc that I have.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf