Author Topic: [WTB] 2-port VNA  (Read 958 times)

Offline blueskullTopic starter

• Supporter
  • !
  • BA7LKP
[WTB] 2-port VNA
« on: April 16, 2019, 06:34:29 am »
Looking for a VNA that can do EMI pre-test.

Since my circuit can have up to 1GHz clock, FCC15B requires up to 5x fundamental, so I need to test to at least 5GHz.

Lower end must be below 1MHz for conductive noise. This rules most candidates out since most high performance USB VNAs are based on AD9361.

Also, I don't have an anechoic chamber, so I need to calibrate my makeshift chamber made out of a microwave oven.

Thus the need of an VNA, rather than a simple SA.

Since I also don't have calibrated antennas, I also need true 2-port capability (S11, S12, S21, S22).

And finally, since I'm constantly on the move, I need a portable one (USB or PXI).

If you have a good candidate that's for sale, please let me know.

My topt pick: Keysight M9371A. But I'm open to other options.

Offline Ordinaryman1971

• Frequent Contributor
Re: [WTB] 2-port VNA
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2019, 07:08:54 pm »

Offline nctnico

• Super Contributor
    • NCT Developments
Re: [WTB] 2-port VNA
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2019, 05:01:07 pm »
So you spend 5k on equipment while you could have rented a calibrated chamber + equipment + lab technician for half a day for 20% of that amount? And how do you want to calibrate your antenna?

BTW a microwave oven is never going to work because the walls will reflect too much. Perhaps a microwave test case they use for mobile phone development can be useful.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2019, 05:04:15 pm by nctnico »
There are small lies, big lies and then there is what is on the screen of your oscilloscope.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf