Author Topic: [WTS UK/EU] BAE Systems SCC500L Thermal Imaging core - price reduced!  (Read 714 times)

Offline pizzigriTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
Needing funds for lab gear, I am selling a MicroIR SCC500L Thermal Imaging core, from BAE Systems. It uses a VOx FPA uncooled microbolometer sensor, with a resolution of 160x120 pixels, 60hz frame rate and (tool) focusable 8mm F1:1.2 Germanium lens with automatic calibration shutter. I have built an enclosure to be able to handle and use it, that also includes a 9V battery compartment (it gives low battery warning in the video output from the core but works nevertheless). Take a look at the images.
The core also comes with a digital copy of the developer manuals and documentation, and a small kit of cables to program it using the integrated RS-422 interface. It was originally used in a high-end firefighters optic, and is radiometric – meaning, it can measure temperature in the viewfinder.
Specs are quite interesting, and I wanted to use it to image electronics to troubleshoot failures, but never got around to actually do it, and also never managed to program or even connect to it, as I always never found the time.
All specs are in the datasheet below.
I tested it and it works perfectly and is still impressive as the NETD is very good in these cameras, typically around 45mK. I hate to see it go, but I really need to upgrade some lab gear and need the funds. Asking 350 300 Euro - price reduced - plus shipping – and since this is still quite sensitive tech, I cannot ship outside of EU, due to the high framerate.
I also include a screenshot of my cat, but I assure you the quality is much better than it actually lools in a still image....
For any question, additional images etc, just post below.

ETA: if anyone wants additional images, info and maybe actual video footage from the camera, just PM me!
« Last Edit: November 11, 2020, 01:04:52 pm by pizzigri »

Offline pizzigriTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
Re: [WTS UK/EU] BAE Systems SCC500L Thermal Imaging core
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2020, 01:02:29 pm »
Price descreased, asking 300 Euro plus shipping... come on, this is a nice working unit

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf