Author Topic: Agilent DSOX2012A with WaveGen and Education Kit  (Read 8304 times)

Offline ToBeFrankTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
Agilent DSOX2012A with WaveGen and Education Kit
« on: June 01, 2011, 09:10:33 pm »
I'm selling a like new Agilent Infiniivision DSOX2012A with WaveGen ($500) and Education Kit ($500) upgrades. It's going on Ebay soon, but I thought I'd give you guys a chance first. $2000 OBO. Shipping is free if you're in the US. Comes with all original parts/accessories and in the original packaging. The warranty hasn't been registered yet so you could register it for yourself.

Offline saturation

• Super Contributor
  • Doveryai, no proveryai
    • NIST
Re: Agilent DSOX2012A with WaveGen and Education Kit
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2011, 10:09:41 pm »
Why are you selling it, 2bfrank?
Best Wishes,

Saturation

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2011, 10:16:30 pm »
I should have bought a 4 channel, which is what I'm going to do when this one sells. My loss is someone else's gain.

Online Mechatrommer

• Super Contributor
  • reassessing directives...
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2011, 11:09:25 pm »
and why with WaveGen and Edu Kit? too much to ask. nevermind! ;)
Nature: Evolution and the Illusion of Randomness (Stephen L. Talbott): Its now indisputable that... organisms “expertise” contextualizes its genome, and its nonsense to say that these powers are under the control of the genome being contextualized - Barbara McClintock

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2011, 11:15:39 pm »
I bought WaveGen because I needed it. I bought the education kit because I'm a newbie and use it to learn about the signals, triggering, etc. I wasn't sure what a fair price was which is why I listed it as OBO. I do know that without the upgrades the scope is $1494 new so I don't think my asking price is too far off.

Offline tnt

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2011, 11:03:46 am »
Those options were free for anyone related to eduction ... (and they don't check that much ...)

Offline saturation

• Super Contributor
  • Doveryai, no proveryai
    • NIST
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2011, 11:44:28 am »
That's a good deal, good luck.  The more you spend, the more you get.

I should have bought a 4 channel, which is what I'm going to do when this one sells. My loss is someone else's gain.
Best Wishes,

Saturation

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2011, 02:45:09 pm »
Does everyone here understand that OBO means "or best offer"?

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2011, 04:04:45 pm »
Those options were free for anyone related to eduction ... (and they don't check that much ...)

BTW, good luck getting those options for free as a hobbyist/student.

Offline tnt

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2011, 04:31:24 pm »
BTW, good luck getting those options for free as a hobbyist/student.

Well I know at least one who did get it as a simple student ... Although it was for a much more expensive 3000-X model, maybe they give it easier if you pay more ..

Anyway, the EDK is nice to get to know the scope (just follow the lab guide), but you have plenty of time to do that with the free 14 days trial and after that it's much less useful (unless you are effectively in education ...).

Finally, Agilent also have an offer where if you're not satisfied, for any reason, you can return the scope no questions asked ... why don't you do that and get back full price and then buy the one you really want ? (have never heard of any one using this offer, just noticed it on their page).

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2011, 04:45:34 pm »
Well I know at least one who did get it as a simple student ... Although it was for a much more expensive 3000-X model, maybe they give it easier if you pay more ..

Regardless, unless you're in education, you do NOT get those options for free. Besides, if you do qualify as education, why would you buy used anyway? You get 15% off the cost of a brand new scope! If it makes you feel better, I'll say it plainly... if you're an education customer, don't buy my scope. You can get a better deal with Agilent. If you're not, you won't get a better deal.

Anyway, the EDK is nice to get to know the scope (just follow the lab guide), but you have plenty of time to do that with the free 14 days trial and after that it's much less useful (unless you are effectively in education ...).

In your opinion. I find it very useful (and so did Dave). Besides, since I listed as OBO, I'm basically giving that option away for free.

Finally, Agilent also have an offer where if you're not satisfied, for any reason, you can return the scope no questions asked ... why don't you do that and get back full price and then buy the one you really want ? (have never heard of any one using this offer, just noticed it on their page).

"Agilent will replace it with the other vendor’s oscilloscope at no cost to you."

They don't just give you your money back.

Offline richpike

« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2011, 01:26:40 am »
I'm selling a like new Agilent Infiniivision DSOX2012A with WaveGen ($500) and Education Kit ($500) upgrades. It's going on Ebay soon, but I thought I'd give you guys a chance first. $2000 OBO. Shipping is free if you're in the US. Comes with all original parts/accessories and in the original packaging. The warranty hasn't been registered yet so you could register it for yourself.
When did you buy it (how old is it)?

Thanks,
Rich

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2011, 01:33:24 am »
When did you buy it (how old is it)?

April 29, 2011

Offline Lawsen

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2011, 05:14:41 pm »
OBO means opened box.  It is a good price, but do I really needed it?  I can learn a lot of newer, name brand oscilloscope. . .

Lawsen

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2011, 05:20:22 pm »
OBO means opened box.

Yes. It is not brand new in the box. It is used but like new.

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2011, 08:23:23 pm »
SOLD

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf