Author Topic: At Lidl Ireland this week: Powerfix Bench Vice (the poor mans Panavise)  (Read 7495 times)

Offline BillyDTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
Just notices these at Lidl from Thursday 29-May-2014 for €7.99:
http://www.lidl.ie/cps/rde/SID-F1FE5FA1-0AB7E58E/www_lidl_ie/hs.xsl/Offers.htm?action=showDetail&id=6978
It's a tilting/swivelling vice with detachable rubber pads on the jaws. They have 2 types; one with a suction type base and one which clamps to a bench.
I think this is where I got mine a couple of years ago, and apart from a temperature controlled solder station I'd say it was one of the greatest boosts to my soldering activities. Good value for the hobbyist.

« Last Edit: May 30, 2014, 10:29:42 am by BillyD »

Offline gmb42

• Frequent Contributor
Apparently available in the UK as well from Monday.  Looks handy.

Online Monkeh

• Super Contributor
I have one, they are rather handy. The suction base sucks, though.

The jaws on mine are grooved, which is great for holding boards, and exceedingly heat resistant.

Offline 128er

• Regular Contributor
Also in germany, for 9,99€. Have to go to LIDL  ;D

Offline BillyDTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
I have one, they are rather handy. The suction base sucks, though.

Yes that's true, the suction base certainly is rubbish, I've never been able to make it stick to anything. But when holding small boards/parts/etc, its own weight is usually enough to keep it stable.

Offline rob77

• Super Contributor
also in Slovakia : 9,99Eur . thanks for the post - otherwise i would miss it. but i'll definitely go for the one with the clamp, not the one with the suction base.

Offline Thilo78

• Regular Contributor
Yes, currently available in Germany, too.
EUR 9.99

Think I have to go there today  :D

Offline bookaboo

• Frequent Contributor
Thanks for the info  :-+

Offline rob77

• Super Contributor
btw.. it's funny to see that here in the poor Slovakia the price is like in Germany ( 9.99Eur) but in Ireland it's only 7.99 ;)

Offline 128er

• Regular Contributor
Was in two branches - nothing there. Have to find another branch  :scared:
« Last Edit: May 30, 2014, 12:19:11 pm by 128er »

Offline Towger

• Super Contributor
btw.. it's funny to see that here in the poor Slovakia the price is like in Germany ( 9.99Eur) but in Ireland it's only 7.99 ;)

That not how items are normally priced in Ireland when compared to other EU countries.

Offline PA0PBZ

• Super Contributor
Holland calling: € 8.99 here.
Keyboard error: Press F1 to continue.

Offline XpsikotiX

• Regular Contributor
yeah... in Italy is  10.99 € . at leroy merlin you will find a hole lot more models at half price or less... probably in other hardware stores also...

Offline 128er

• Regular Contributor
After i went to two LIDL stores, i have looked a little bit closer on their website. They say it's only available in the online store... mhhh

Offline rob77

• Super Contributor
Got mine !  ;D i wanted the one with the clamp, but they got only the one with suction base. never mind - i'll remove the suction rubber and the lever and use it without clamping to the table. i like the two perpendicular V grooves on the jaws - makes it ideal for holding boards. and it comes with rubber/plastic covers for the jaws - ideal for clamping softer materials.

and last but not least... it doesn't weight 10 kilos as the cast iron ones of the same size :D

Offline Andrea :)

• Contributor
  • I <3 electronics
    • My Personal Bolg nothing special xD
Got  mine today :D it is not bad for 10€ the only bad thing is the suction base but it is not a big problem :)

Offline poorchava

• Super Contributor
  • Troll Cave Electronics!
Hmm,  I'll probably be doing some shopping tomorrow,  so I'll check if it's available in Poland too.  I could really use a small vise.
I love the smell of FR4 in the morning!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf