Author Topic: Atten Oscilloscopes, Soldering Irons and SMT Rework Stations  (Read 5713 times)

Offline Viking TestTopic starter

• Viking Test Ltd
    • Viking Test Ltd
Atten Oscilloscopes, Soldering Irons and SMT Rework Stations
« on: February 14, 2011, 01:18:13 pm »
Hi Guys,

I'm new to the forum, and the world of electronics, and came across this forum whilst looking for further information on oscilloscopes. I've posted here as this is a shamless plug for the company I work for, Viking Test.

My area within the company is the sale of Oscilloscopes, Soldering Irons, Rework Stations and ESD consumables. As mentioned in the topic title, my supplier is Atten; I'm aware that they've had some negative press in the past, particularly in regards to the levels of customer service, but this is something that I've addressed with my counterpart at Atten, and have found her to be forthcoming with help and information when I've asked for it.

Our website is www.vikingtest.com, from there you can find our online shop where our products are listed. Some of the products are not listed yet or have yet to have their prices added, please message me for more information (the IT department are who I seem to constantly be having my battles with! :) ).

In particular the range of oscilloscopes have yet to be added, models and prices below:

•   ADS1022C - £177.98
•   ADS1022C+ - £192.82
•   ADS1042C+ - £252.14
•   ADS1042CML - £257.08
•   ADS1062CML - £286.76
•   ADS1102CML - £375.74
•   ADS1152CML - £474.62
•   ADS1202CML - £682.28

Any questions please give me a shout.

Simon

Email: simon@vikingtest.com
Office: 01420 537 020 Mobile: 07854 636 951  I never claimed that I knew what I was talking about!

• Viking Test Ltd
    • Viking Test Ltd
Re: Atten Oscilloscopes, Soldering Irons and SMT Rework Stations
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2011, 01:22:28 pm »
Also, forgot to add, if a mod can contact me, I'd be happy to look at putting a discount in place for members of this site for the whole range of products that I am responsible for if there is enough interest.

Regards

Simon
Office: 01420 537 020 Mobile: 07854 636 951  I never claimed that I knew what I was talking about!

Offline Polossatik

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2011, 03:05:25 pm »
always good to see another reseller taking part ..

Link to pdf with some info about the scopes mentioned , looks like Rigol territory stuff: http://www.victronics.cl/Inf_tecnica/SKM/ADS1000C_C+_CM2.pdf

No offence, but the website menu is taking 100% cpu on my ubuntu laptop... not nice.

Also the material listed there seams quite industry oriented, is this a new market you're adding to the portfolio?

« Last Edit: February 14, 2011, 03:12:37 pm by Polossatik »
Real Circuit design time in minutes= (2 + Nscopes) Testim + (40 +120 Kbrewski) Nfriends

Testim = estimated time in minutes Nscopes= number of oscilloscopes present Kbrewski = linear approx of the nonlinear beer effect Nfriends = number of circuit design friends present

• Viking Test Ltd
    • Viking Test Ltd
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2011, 03:52:24 pm »
Hi Polosatik,

This is a new area for us, we've been selling the soldering irons, rework stations and ESD consumables since September, and have had a really positive response in regards to uptake. I've only had the oscilloscopes for a week, and I'm already speaking to a number of individuals about them.

Viking Test's main market is the testing of bare boards, supply of PCB manufacturing equipment and servicing.

I've checked the website on my laptop (Novatech), it's not caused me any issues, but I have raised your comment with the website administrator for his attention.

Simon

Offline Simon

• Global Moderator
  • Did that just blow up? No? might work after all !!
    • Simon's Electronics
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2011, 05:31:50 pm »
there is nothing a mod can do for you in the way of identifying members for discounts automatically, your best bet is to ask the potential buyer to email you the enquiry from their email address used for the forum, many members have viewable emails on their profile pages (not to be abused for spamming people) or if you ask nicely i can verify that the email address belongs to a member of the forum for you.

Simon

alm

« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2011, 06:41:29 pm »
Just asking for someone's forum name should be enough, you can ask them to PM you on the forum if you want to verify it, and can even verify post count if you're worried about someone registering just for the discount. I think it's overkill, though, the only people likely to know about it are the people on the forum.

I think you should be happy for any order you get this way, the Atten scopes don't appear to be very popular here. Bribing getting someone reputable to do a review might be a way to change this if it's genuinely a better product than the more popular DSO's (mainly Rigol, to a lesser degree GW-Instek and Hantek/Tekway), my impression (without seeing one in the flesh) is that it's not.

Offline Simon

• Global Moderator
    • Simon's Electronics
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2011, 06:58:11 pm »
yes getting people to PM you is the easiest options, I'd forgotten entirely about PM's

• Viking Test Ltd
    • Viking Test Ltd
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2011, 09:45:11 am »
Hi guys,

Thanks for your input so far. I'm happy for people to PM me their orders, and then I can discuss a discount with them based on what they have ordered.

I actually did consider offering an oscilloscope to be reviewed after reading some of the previous threads on here. If anyone's interested please let me know.

Simon

Offline Simon

• Global Moderator
    • Simon's Electronics
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2011, 12:41:22 pm »
why not arrange to send one to Dave, he will give you an honest opinion. I think you csn have it returned if you really don't want to part with it.

Offline saturation

• Super Contributor
  • Doveryai, no proveryai
    • NIST
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2011, 01:05:05 pm »
UK eevblog members who are also EEs and have acess to good test lab, so the results won't be question based on the quality of equipment or procedures used for testing, why not give it a shot? Now is a time to finally put the Atten question to the test, and give it a reputation it deserves.

I'd be happy to review it, but I can only contrast it against the Rigol, and I'm in the USA or territories.

« Last Edit: February 15, 2011, 01:08:04 pm by saturation »
Best Wishes,

Saturation

• Viking Test Ltd
    • Viking Test Ltd
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2011, 03:51:13 pm »
I'm happy to let it be tested. I can't justify the expense of sending it to the USA unfortunately, and I would need the equipment back afterwards, so if any member wants to put themselves forward, I'l arrange shipping.

Simon

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf