Author Topic: Auction UK: RF Heaven, albeit a bit crusty  (Read 17617 times)

Offline NivagSwerdnaTopic starter

• Super Contributor

The following users thanked this post: toastedcrumpets, factory

Offline toastedcrumpets

• Regular Contributor
Re: Auction UK: RF Heaven, albeit a bit crusty
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2019, 01:08:01 pm »
Thanks for the heads up!

Some really random lots in there. For example, a RF load, a big weight, and some VXI cards is all one lot! https://www.equipnet.com/auctions/lot-of-test-and-measuring-equipment-listid-608334/

These might be interesting:
The power sensors is probably worth a punt (there's at least two other lots with them in):
https://www.equipnet.com/auctions/lot-of-8-hewlett-packard-8481a-power-sensors-listid-608418/

These 40GHz signal generators are nearly new:
https://www.equipnet.com/auctions/gigatronics-2440c-10mhz-40ghz-microwave-sig-listid-611845/

WOW, a 34420A nanovoltmeter (!):
https://www.equipnet.com/auctions/lot-of-hewlett-packard-33120a-generator-and-h-listid-611903/

I've got to stop buying stuff at auction...

Offline AVGresponding

• Super Contributor
  • Exploring Rabbit Holes Since The 1970s
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2019, 04:18:46 pm »
Bah, they want a $400 refundable deposit for new buyers, not enough space on my cards   |O
nuqDaq yuch Dapol?
Addiction count: Agilent-AVO-BlackStar-Brymen-Chauvin Arnoux-Fluke-GenRad-Hameg-HP-Keithley-IsoTech-Mastech-Megger-Metrix-Micronta-Racal-RFL-Siglent-Solartron-Tektronix-Thurlby-Time Electronics-TTi-UniT

• Super Contributor
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2019, 04:50:36 pm »
Bah, they want a $400 refundable deposit for new buyers, not enough space on my cards   |O
They didn't take a deposit from me... although I am yet to enter a bid.... and probably won't as Telford is 150+ miles from me... 300 mile round trip just for some adapters for my old Stag programmer!  :-DD

Offline bd139

• Super Contributor
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2019, 04:59:11 pm »
It'll turn up on ebay with better pictures and a return policy soon enough. Don't sweat it  :-DD

The following users thanked this post: NivagSwerdna, Specmaster

Offline artag

• Super Contributor
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2019, 05:05:02 pm »
Or the guy at Telford Electronics will buy it up and bring it to a radio rally.

The PTS synths are a bit special. Not a normal PLL-type arrangement but some sort of mixer iirc. https://www.febo.com/pages/pts_synth/
« Last Edit: November 11, 2019, 05:09:45 pm by artag »

Offline bd139

• Super Contributor
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2019, 05:12:55 pm »
Is that the dude who turned up at Newbury with a trailer full which was immediately emptied?

Offline artag

• Super Contributor
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2019, 06:39:57 pm »
I didn't go to Newbury. But he usually has a heap of fairly decent equipment that's mostly priced too high for the rally pocket.

Offline tggzzz

• Super Contributor
  • Numbers, not adjectives
    • Having fun doing more, with less
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2019, 06:53:23 pm »
https://www.equipnet.com/auctions/catalog/rf-testing-auction/1066/

OK... who's hiring the van?

Thanks for that. It makes me glad I've not got some stuff recently.

If I hired a van, I would get the stuff home and find I have nowhere to store it :) Unfortunately my car has rear seats that disappear under the front seats, and you can transport an undismantled  bicycle with it stand up vertically.
There are lies, damned lies, statistics - and ADC/DAC specs.
Glider pilot's aphorism: "there is no substitute for span". Retort: "There is a substitute: skill+imagination. But you can buy span".
Having fun doing more, with less

Offline bd139

• Super Contributor
« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2019, 06:58:58 pm »
I didn't go to Newbury. But he usually has a heap of fairly decent equipment that's mostly priced too high for the rally pocket.

Oh I know the guy. Marconi 2019A - only £250 untested and no way of testing. Same equipment left at the end that was at the start.

Offline tggzzz

• Super Contributor
« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2019, 07:26:28 pm »
Quickly skimming throught that lot, I notice...

Now we know why PPAuctions haven't happened recently. Given the state of their barn, that's probably not a bad thing - but seeing these items powered up will push prices up.

11 Solartron 7075 7.5 digit DVMs - with no input cables. The connectors costs £43 one off, and then you need PTFE cable :) Tee hee.

Those Coutant PSUs appear in many badge-engineered forms :)

Enough PSUs to overload a house's mains supply; glad I haven't got many to sell!
Glider pilot's aphorism: "there is no substitute for span". Retort: "There is a substitute: skill+imagination. But you can buy span".

• Super Contributor
« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2019, 07:44:45 pm »
...with no input cables. The connectors costs £43 one off, and then you need PTFE cable :)
I know.  Lots of old logic analysers.... but what's the point without the pods.  Shame really.

• Super Contributor
« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2019, 07:56:49 pm »
I think t his is my favorite item...

Offline james_s

• Super Contributor
« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2019, 08:00:20 pm »
Looks like a HeNe laser power supply, I have several of the Melles Griot versions in the same Pac-Tec enclosure as well as a few that I built myself. Inside is nothing more than a standard "brick" and a fuse and wiring.

• Super Contributor
« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2019, 08:08:16 pm »
Looks like a HeNe laser power supply, I have several of the Melles Griot versions in the same Pac-Tec enclosure as well as a few that I built myself. Inside is nothing more than a standard "brick" and a fuse and wiring.
I was joking.  Looks like a box with a Green Light and a Switch.  You are correct it is laser PSU.  :)

Offline factory

• Super Contributor
« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2019, 09:20:25 pm »
Why do the £1 start prices change to silly prices if you choose a manufacturer?

A quick look at some items show BAE stickers (including those Solartron meters), probably came from the BAE systems in Telford.

David

• Super Contributor
« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2019, 09:41:44 am »
There are some expensive items at the end (with no sort criteria) but they are located in Raisio, FIN so that is definitely a bit far... Although a trip up North might make for a northern lights experience... You can imagine a husky sled ride with a few old Tektronix scopes on the back heading into the blizzard.

Maybe a manufacturer sort brings the FIN things to the fore.

I saw a Data I/O programmer in one of the bundles too..
 Really must stop buying EPROM programmers... Must be due to nostalgia as I really have enough!

Offline coppice

• Super Contributor
« Reply #17 on: November 12, 2019, 09:55:18 am »
...with no input cables. The connectors costs £43 one off, and then you need PTFE cable :)
I know.  Lots of old logic analysers.... but what's the point without the pods.  Shame really.
If this stuff has come from an operation like BAE Telford this is business as usual. An operation shuts down. Someone with little knowledge gathers all the expensive looking boxes together. All the documentation, software discs, accessories and other material needed to keep the expensive looking boxes useful goes straight in the bin.

Offline bd139

• Super Contributor
« Reply #18 on: November 12, 2019, 10:04:16 am »
Yep. What's even worse is when you get cable cutters.

I saw an HP 8405A recently which had the probes and mains lead cut off |O. The probes are fixed to the unit but the mains lead was IEC socketed so I don't even begin to understand the level of retardedness that went into that.

About 20 years ago I saw a company do that to PCs. They shut the office power off. Didn't even unplug the stuff, just cable cut the lot. They were trying to shift 100 or so monitors with the VGA cable cut to the box.

Offline mjs

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #19 on: November 12, 2019, 12:33:57 pm »
I think I've seen the Raisio, FIN units for auction before. The usable stuff (CMW500s with GNSS/Bluetooth/Wifi) have gone, now there's CDMA, GPRS and LTE R8 ones left.

It's 160km from my home and only 60km from our electronics assembly house, so I might pay a visit.

Offline tggzzz

• Super Contributor
« Reply #20 on: November 12, 2019, 01:56:15 pm »

It is also worth noting the rubric...

***Removal & Loading fees are also noted where provided by the vendors. Please see item description for more details.***

It is the buyer’s responsibility to pay for the removal, packing, shipping, and/or insurance, as required, on items won at the Auction. All items must be removed within the specified removal period or shall be deemed abandoned and resold by EquipNet, Inc.

Please be sure to read the Listing description carefully as ALL items sold are subject to a handling fee.

If anyone knows the likely charge, please let us know! I've asked but it is too early to expect a reply.

Offline pbarton

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #21 on: November 12, 2019, 07:59:38 pm »
6x Tektronix TM501, 6x TM502A and 2x TM503, but no plug-ins?
16x HP 85660A Spectrum Analyzer's and 20x HP 85662A Spectrum Analyzer Displays, but no mention of the two cables that join them together.
34x HP 436A power meters and not a single sensor cable.
I wonder if the cables are located in the dumpster, round the back of the auction house?
« Last Edit: November 12, 2019, 10:46:00 pm by pbarton »

Offline woodchips

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #22 on: November 14, 2019, 10:39:37 am »
Yes, thanks for the notification.

BUT

After registering they send a confirmation email, with your password in the clear!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just how much do you trust them?

Offline bd139

• Super Contributor
« Reply #23 on: November 14, 2019, 10:41:34 am »
fucks sake  :palm:

Offline PlainName

• Super Contributor
« Reply #24 on: November 14, 2019, 10:54:46 am »
After registering they send a confirmation email, with your password in the clear

JOOI, how else could/should they do it? Assuming your contact is via email, anyone that can intercept your email will be able to log in just as you can. They would need a second channel in order to split the login details to get around that. Would be better to get the login sorted before taking the money, though :)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf