General > Buy/Sell/Wanted

The Bad Shopping Experience Thread

<< < (46/46)

CJay:

--- Quote from: Leo Bodnar on May 15, 2021, 01:49:23 pm ---He was so threatening that I had to contact eBay abuse and threats helpline to ask what to do.  eBay assured me that I was right, the item was technically lost and I should have receive the refund. They suggested forwarding the chat log to him.

--- End quote ---

Not entirely similar to your experience which sounds awful, but this last week I put in a lowball offer for a very tatty, incomplete Kenwood R1000 (of which a good example would usually sell for ~£100 if in decent condition up to ~£150 in excellent boxed and complete condition) figuring there'd be a little back and forth and perhaps we could meet somewhere in the middle at around £60-65.

Not a chance, I got an abusive message from the seller which, stupidly, I replied to explaining why I offered what I did.

What happened next was just surreal, the seller sent  messages via the eBay service, eventually saying they had my address and that I was putting my family in danger which I regard as a threat.

eBay of course did absolutely sod all.

Another bad experience with a UK seller  (and I think the 'owner' of a very popular retro computing Youtube channel) where they left me feedback 'buyer wants everything perfect, avoid' after I'd complained about their piss poor packaging which destroyed a 48 pin shrink DIP IC socket in the post and also destroyed the replacement even after I told him I was happy to pay a little more for better packing.

AVGresponding:
You can't fix stupid, you have to wait for Darwinism to take effect.

MrMobodies:

--- Quote from: CJay on May 06, 2022, 06:55:00 am ---What happened next was just surreal, the seller sent  messages via the eBay service, eventually saying they had my address and that I was putting my family in danger which I regard as a threat.

eBay of course did absolutely sod all.
--- End quote ---
I'd call the police and maybe take out a harassment order.

I was working at this firm when I came across an ebay seller just like that, it was to do with a card printer, I made some inquires on increasing the manufacturer's warranty that was listed with it and turned out it was fake they didn't not have such an agreement, so when I investigated they copied someone else's listing word by word picture by picture sold without the warranties. Their listing wasn't their own. I asked them not to send out the printer and reported them. Ebay customer services agreed, organized a refund, and to cancel the order. The seller still sent out the printer with tracking after I asked them not to, it never arrived anyway but accused me a day after of receiving it and keeping the money despite their tracking showing nothing arrived.

They they started threatening me saying they know people in the area etc etc that they will be getting it back.
I had a right go at them threatening to involve the police.

I said it was quite simple, if you want it back you deal with the courier. We have cameras here, if you turn up and start causing trouble you will have a lot more problems to deal with than picking up a parcel that we don't have yet and neither does your own tracking support it. If it turns up, tracked or untracked, I'll let you know, then you can arrange for it to be collected at your own expense.

--- Quote ---Another bad experience with a UK seller  (and I think the 'owner' of a very popular retro computing Youtube channel) where they left me feedback 'buyer wants everything perfect, avoid' after I'd complained about their piss poor packaging which destroyed a 48 pin shrink DIP IC socket in the post and also destroyed the replacement even after I told him I was happy to pay a little more for better packing.
--- End quote ---
There were a few times about 10 years ago this happened to me with all sorts of things I brought off ebay.

One time I found a set of brackets for a customer which I had difficulty finding as there wasn't much of them about especially on Ebay at the time for this particular model. Seeing how it was the only reasonably priced one I can fine, the next one was over seas and overpriced and with many parcels getting damaged in the post I explained this to the seller and specified how I wanted it packed in bubblewrap and thick strong cardboard and asked for how much. The seller replied, it's fine and not to worry but sent it poorly packaged in some thin bubblewrap in a bag where they got bent and one snapped.

The seller refunded me issued me a refund straight after reporting the damage without saying anything or a care in the world.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version