General > Buy/Sell/Wanted

The Bad Shopping Experience Thread

<< < (47/48) > >>

PlainName:
Blimey! At least there was resolution for that one, but it would be far better not to have that hassle in the first place.

rsjsouza:
Depending on the place in the world, the issue would have been solved quicker, although with much more dire consequences...

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Castle_doctrine

MrMobodies:
I had been sold many times before used things advertised as new where I'd report and take action if they cost considerably or are in bad condition.

I reminded a seller to remember the anti static bag for some ram that I just ordered and they replied that they always do that.

A Lenovo M92p minipc arrived today.

For the small box and the weight of that thing I would have expected bubble wrap outside or a larger box

I heard a rattle and as I opened it I found one screw loose:

I didn't want to take a chance with it as I wouldn't know what damage that could have caused so I started a return and seller approved. Seller said it was a caddy screw. I thought fair enough, it's only one and accidents like this can happen.

When putting it back I heard a little rattle and then other screws fell out behind the fan with one crushed up against the board.

Crushed up aganst board when I removed the fan:

See the scratch marks on that die on closeup:

All Four caddy screws like someone just thrown them in there for me instead of putting them in a bag in the packaging.
I am not sure if it was an accident that I'd like to think or whoever put it there thought it was acceptable.

Now I have ask sellers to check for these things too.

AVGresponding:
How broken is the ebay app these days? I bought something yesterday, and despite being the only bidder, it took 13 minutes from auction close to being declared the winner.   :palm:

arcitech:
Got an old 87 that appeared to be in decent shape. “Used” condition, which on eBay in the biz/ind category has rather stringent requirements.

It shows up, and where the two (of three total) enclosure posidrive fasteners under the battery door are gone. Rings of rust highlight where they once sat.

I open it up, and the thing is just uniformly coated with rust particulate. Seems like it probably sat out in a garden shed for a decade or more while the screws gave way to entropy.

One of those rotting screws also took a stand-off (plastic, integral, also one of three) along with it.

Pinged the guy politely. Boy oh boy was he proud of how accurate his cal was in his response — the cal that, of course, relied on the rust staying in place. He closed the door on any dialogue. I gave nearly zero ducks, as it didn’t cost a heap.

A week and a half later, I find myself yanking its input terminal block for use in an 87III that arrived with sheared block posts, and upon removing a fuse to make the job simpler, lo and behold there are two parallel 10ohm resistors bridging the HRC cartridge (with solder just as shiny as his dots on the battery lead he admitted to replacing), which was of course open. These teensy doodads were positioned to minimize likelihood of being spotted, of course.

This willful negligence & reckless deception is beyond acceptable, I think to myself, and send a photo of what I’ve found. I then open a return, of course he’s stubbornly righteous and claims he won’t take it back as I ripped out wires (a bold take on snipping resistor leads) and shouldn’t have torn it down. I take the stance from the outset that I don’t plan to send it back, and plan to let eBay decide the outcome after the precursory few days lapse.

He’s got the balls once I’m able to escalate to call the fuse “repaired” — yeah guy, you must live in a world where an airbag is repacked into a steering wheel.

Scumbag works on avionics. Jesus.

Never buy from a guy whose username is the three letters by which a daily financial publication often goes. Or do, and enjoy ripping his work, and logic, apart, if you dig that sort of thing. You’ll get some free parts out of it, at least.

IMHO he should’ve been banned from ever selling again.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version